Blair's Maneuvers

Hero

Spaceman
I've been watching my WCM DVD again, and thought about something that came to me the first time I've saw the moive (and yet I don't know why I haven't brought it up 'till now
confused.gif
): There's that part where Blair & Angel are in the astroid filed, and the cats come, Blair is doing this maneuver (usually done by modern day choppers) where his fighter goes up with it's nose down. What do you think about it (and any idea what's that maneuver's name?)?

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be pretty good for ambushes. As for it's name...uhm...liftoff?
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Is that the one Blair calls the "Jack-in-the-Box?"

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Yes, that the one. I always watch the movie with subtitles since my english is not that good. "Jack-in-the-box on three".

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

I find it interesting that CR made the fighter's *not* like in the games (I don't mean they way they looked, but the way you control them). I also noticed he did it again when he came close to Angel's pod. I've tried to do this maneuver with autoslide, but it's just not the same. Could come handy if there's a boogy at your tail: Cut the engines and climb up, while at the same time take pop-shots at the fighter who passed you.

Those manouvres probably weren't possible in the game engines. Or they just didn't bother to put them in.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

If you`ve noticed, some FMV sequences in WCIV and Prphecy used this type of control, while during gameplay they used the normal type.

Really? Never noticed. Good thing I've decided to replay WC again, huh?
wink.gif

It can be called Jack-In-The-Box, but in modern day its known as Leap Frogging.

An aircraft in an atmosphere can litterally fly backwards by side-slipping air currents.

Space craft however, is not possible, unless you have maneuvering jets on every side of your craft.
Think about Physics.

WCM Rapier desigh is just weird. It's too small, yet it has a jump drive, multiply thrusters, Merlin. Well, maybe they removed the shiled gen. to make all that room
wink.gif

i think it is the jack-in-the-box
i myself think the rapiers are AWESOME
but they are a little small but i can see how they fit the stuff in

I thought it looked better in the movie. But then again, I do hate the Rapier and in Wc1

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Metras said:
Space craft however, is not possible, unless you have maneuvering jets on every side of your craft.
Think about Physics.

It would take a little bit of engineering, but you could get maneuvering jets at each corner, and one of each side, and get the same effect, if they were directional jets. Combined with some fancy stickwork, and a helleva computer to do the math, manuvers like that would be possible in space. Also, I have a question, did CR engineer the ships in the WCM with hydrogen scoops like he did in the game? Because it seems Blair coasted forever when he ran out of fuel at the end. But to contridict that point, when Angel ejected, her pod didn't keep going, and I didn't see any retros firing to bring her to a stop either. Hm....

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Hydrogen scoops like in the game?
smile.gif
What hydrogen scoops in the game?

Visible? So I guess they should show up on the WC1 ship schematics, eh?
Unless I'm overlooking something (in which case, feel free to point it out to me), there isn't a single detail that could be presumed to be a hydrogen scoop, whether we're looking at WC1 ships or WCP.

If you will note, almost every fighter has a flat grille type surface facing forward. This is the bussard intake. They are especially visible in later games when they're colored orange and blue.

Back