• Dead

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • either

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knathrak

Spaceman
I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times but would u prefer Blair to be dead or alive and why?

Well if blair was dead you have to admit that the son of the Iceman couldn't be the worst choice to continue the series.

well everyone is entitled to their opinion but i think that anyone on the midway would have been better than casey (except for mabye Dallas)

It's the dreaming about blair when he coulda been talking to finley (i'll admit it is essential to the plot but it kinda make casey come off looking like a queer, in my opinion). also i've seen that actor in other things (only one I can remember right now was a marine off JAG [that's a tv show in case you don't know] ) and he came off looking like a prick to me. personally, if origin wanted to do a completely new character, they shoulda made it someone who nobody knew, not the Iceman's kid.

Yeah i know JAG we scots aint that deprived and yeah i see ure point. A clean break from the past for the future might have been a good idea but i think the makers wanted a llink to the past, the first wc to give u that feel of 2nd Lt. Blair on his first tour.

I say dead just because it would make a clean break, and it'd let Blair go out with style. Not only that, but the way they set it up at the end of Prophecy, they'd really have to stretch to bring him back, and I think it'd just come off lame.

Originally posted by Aries
It's the dreaming about blair when he coulda been talking to finley (i'll admit it is essential to the plot but it kinda make casey come off looking like a queer, in my opinion).
I don't know where you got that idea from, but that thought never occurred to me. Although, I did think he overreact a bit too much from Blair's disappearance.

The game seems to me to insinuate in every way that Blair's dead. Besides, I swear I could hear his scream in the frames immediately after the Bug Drop(tm).

I think if the greatest pilot in Confed dissapeared while he was my Wingman I'd be pretty traumatized. You'd think a fighter with as varied armerment as a Tigershark would have a couple of Leaches though, wouldn't you.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I don't know where you got that idea from, but that thought never occurred to me. Although, I did think he overreact a bit too much from Blair's disappearance.
Eh, I don't think so. Let's see... the "usual" stress of combat, plus the shock of encountering a completely new and very hostile alien race, plus being chased into enemy-controlled space with no support from HQ, plus losing one of the few people he had become good friends with on the Midway (Dallas)... and on top of all that, on the very next mission, Confed's greatest war hero volunteers to fly on his wing. The hero is captured - Blair chose to assist Casey, and Casey had no way to return that assistance, instead losing Blair to an unknown fate.

Taking all those factors into consideration, I think Casey held up remarkably well :p.

Back