Blair-Maniac

Ghost

Emperor
Hello, in WCM they are good friends, trough WC1-2 seems to but in WC3 they can´t see each other, anyone know ehat happens between WC2 and WC3 (maybe Blair has stolen maniac´s Playboy)

Well... there are a few reasons for their 'falling out' around Wing Commander 3. The foremost of which is the fact that Blair had replaced Maniac as Wing Commander of the Victory -- when the previous Colonel, Dulbrunin, was killed in action, Maniac took over teporarily... he'd hoped to win the permanent assignment, but was replaced by his old friend/competitor.

Stresses were generally very high around that time, too, since it seemed to everyone that Confed was losing the war... Blair certainly wasn't happy to be assigned to the Victory, and Maniac wasn't happy to see him.

Thanks, BTW where i can get information of what happened between WC2-3 (in internet or books)

Well, the best two books to read would be "End Run" and "Fleet Action" -- they give the broad story of what happened between WC2 and 3, although they don't follow Blair's character.

maybe i'm out of place.....but i have downloaded the WC1SM2 KS and copy it to an old dos version of WC1...... and it functions......

Not-so-fun fact: In the WCIV Strategy Guide, it is implied that Blair and Maniac have been old adversaries since the beginning.

Carl LaFong... Wasn't he Blair (or someone like Blair, at least) in the WC1/2 Official Guide?

That name just sounds so phony, though. ;)

Carl LaFong was the name they gave the player-character in the WC1/2 guide...

Since Carl has his own background (and future:)), though, and it's clearly different from Blair's, he should be treated as a seperate character when he's not telling the WC1/2 story.

I wonder if Chris Roberts originally intended Blair to be the player's character during WC3...he could just have been another pilot who was on the Concordia. I'm sure someone could work out all the details into a semi-plausible story. :)

Maniac may have been a tad pissed off that Blair and Paladin accidentally left Maniac stranded in a Morningstar after the destruction of Ayer's Rock and the death of Jazz (probably the best baddie EVER!)

Back