Black Lance

that wasn't really the point. I was just merely suggesting the beneficial effect of shooting a systems star, when Bandit LOAF pointed out my mistake, and I thought cloaking it would be a good idea. The star would become unstable, maybe even turn into a pulsar (very high gravitational forces and intense radiation) or even a black hole which would tear the entire system apart.. even is this wouldn't happen, increased solar flares would indeed disrupt all communication, all electrical systems would be affected basically, but it probably wouldn't be temporary, the entire fleet will just sit there and slowley die....

lets leave this subject for what it is... :)

Dragon Lord: Did you even read what LOAF said? There's no point in blowing up a star. Firstly Confed's present tech may be insufficient for such a task. Secondly it would be immensely difficult to get the Behemoth close enough to a star in a hostile star system. Thirdly if you could destroy/damage a star this would screw up the jump points, hindering the war effort.

Although I haven't checked, I bet the power of the Behemoth is only a small fraction of that of a star and though it would have *some* effect, it wouldn't be great enough to make an overly destructive difference.

thanks......I'll think about it a bit more after my exam tomorrow
and I promisse I won't bug you guys with is before it's perfect:D

Originally posted by Penguin
Dragon Lord: Thirdly if you could destroy/damage a star this would screw up the jump points, hindering the war effort.

most importantly(for the people on the ship), how would the ship that blew up the star get back. Even if there were jump points out of the system remaining, nobody would know where they lead to anymore.

The whole idea of blowing up a star comes from the bigger and better school of thought. First with torpedoes we could blow up capships, then with behemoth and Temblor bomb we could blow up planets. Stars are next in the pecking order(unless you count giant interstellar bunnies), so some people feel obligated to find some way to blow them up. Kevin J Anderson for example.

Although in fact you could really accuse the creators of WC of doing the same with the alien species in the game.

Lets see, cats, birds, bugs....what else can we anthropomorphize.

Although if WC is guilty of this, so is at least 90% of the science fiction community.

Originally posted by Wildshot
Although in fact you could really accuse the creators of WC of doing the same with the alien species in the game.

Lets see, cats, birds, bugs....what else can we anthropomorphize.

Although if WC is guilty of this, so is at least 90% of the science fiction community.

?
What is this in response to?

When I think of Wing Commander I also tend to think of SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND. Alien species attacks the humans out of no where and by surprise... starting a large war. The show was even based off of carriers.

the people on the ship would all die, since the electronic systems of the ship would be destroyed......probably everything in the system would be destroyed..so the ship should be pre-programmed.....making it smaller in size also!

I never really watched S:AAB until it was in syndication. I really like it now.

Back