Black Lance Mod For Secret Ops

What do you think of this idea for a mod?

• Brillant Idea, I want to help with its development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good idea, would dl it if it was made

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bad idea

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Hey all,

I have thrown this idea around the Black Lance forum, and now i'm gonna throw it around here a bit.

Set after SO, the black lance, decide to activate the Stella Acceleration Device and send a fleet into nelphilm space.

Missions include, attacking bases/fleets, exploring nelphilm space, capturing nelphilm technology for reverse engineering.

Now i have many more ideas but dont really have much time at the moment

So if your interested or want to give your view please post/email me

mike
AKA Grope McBastard
aka 2ndlt Mike "Bulldog" Jamson BLMarines

also i think i'll try that poll thing

You know that it's canon (or at least very probable) that the BL was completely dismanteled after WC4? That of course shouldn't hinder you in developng your game. :)

offically it was dismantled, but what about all the technology they had, don't you think that some parts of confed would have fiddled the numbers to keep some of it operational

Sounds very intreging. That would be a good test for some cause the missions would be on the enemy's home turf and such. But sounds like a great Idea. Plus I think the Blacklance shouldnt have had such a short run. I mean they should have had them in at least 2 games. But how things went I doubt that would ever happen so now it is up to the fans and such to contunie the work!

Originally posted by Grope McBastard
offically it was dismantled, but what about all the technology they had, don't you think that some parts of confed would have fiddled the numbers to keep some of it operational

Maybe, but the technology they had, by the time of WCP, was nothing spectacular.

Therefore, even if some of their tech was kept around for some reason, I don't think that it would be Confed's first choice for an incursion into alien territory.

(Sorry if I sound as if I didn't like the idea, that's not it... but I think that if you're gonna do something that takes as much time and effort as this project, you should do everything you can to make sure nobody's got anything bad to say about it after it's finished :))

--Eder

Why? Oh why does people insist of bringing back the black-lance as the good guys? :p
Just wanted to be the first to say it ;) .

Oh, you know. They used Dragons, a Vesuvius, and other cool-looking cult ships :)

--Eder

Ah, I could just copy, paste, and resize the one I'm adding to your Kilrathi dreadnought :)

--Eder

Heh, well the WCIV novel makes allusions to BL elements been "hidden away" in "safe places" or something like that. Working off that premise, you could throw in all kinds of Horrific Plot Devices (cloned Tolwyn, time travel, etc.) But hey, it's the missions that count, right? :)

it is the missions of the game that count

some of the missions that i thought about would attacking enemy fleets / bases, scouting nebulas. the majority of the missions will either be fast and furious or they would be slower and err... less furious

as for ships [another important thing] it would hopefully include only 2 or 3 new ships, the rest would just be heavily modified ships, ie dragon mkii

also as for ships in the missions itself, i would like to include the ability to choose the ship you want to fly, like in wc3,4, because it added more variation to the missions, [personnaly i loved chosing the arrow and going up againt a fralthi 2]

Back