Big Mac Attack (January 29, 2021)

2E520D63-E6FD-4239-B378-F4ACAEF84BBD.jpeg
Not only do I STILL have this; I’ve been resurrecting my old Macintosh Performa (lower right corner) to run this classic collection! After 25 years I finally got Super Wing Commander to start the other day. It locks up running the video sequences, so I haven’t gotten to play it just yet. More tweaking to do. When I get it to run finally, I’ll post a video for you guys.

I also ran Mac WC III with no difficulties. Being spoiled by nearly 3 decades of technology and emulators sure made me forget how choppy and slow it was back in the day. It still kept me mesmerized, though!

This was the thing that got me into WC (and System Shock), a present for my 11th birthday. Or 10th?

A smooth, framerate-stable SWC still remains to be a dream of mine, no matter what real hardware or emulator or version (3do) I throw into the mix.

I still have all my CD's. WC3, SWC and the mac version of Systemshock were the real gems, and Warlock and Wolfpack were quirky but loved them still. Loved the mac version of the fun but cheesy Shock Wave Assault which also included Operation Jump Gate, such a great port of the 3DO game.

It sure is funny pairing Putt Putt, and the Paint Brush Pal games with Systemshock but my 7 year old self loved the set.

This is the authentic Wing Commander cockpit shot complete with the legs showing!

I still have all my CD's. WC3, SWC and the mac version of Systemshock were the real gems, and Warlock and Wolfpack were quirky but loved them still. Loved the mac version of the fun but cheesy Shock Wave Assault which also included Operation Jump Gate, such a great port of the 3DO game.

It sure is funny pairing Putt Putt, and the Paint Brush Pal games with Systemshock but my 7 year old self loved the set.

Yeah, there's some weird science that went into '90s game multipacks. Sometimes it just worked though...

It includes a normal WC3 and a WC4 DEMO?
Yup, and a coupon for WC4, which was still new at the time and not something that would have been included in a bundle pack.

WC4 on the Mac came out in June 1996 (and the demo the prior month), so few people had internet access. And when they did, it was dialup, so even the 6 megabyte download would have been heftier than people would like to grab. https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/Mac_Demo

Back