betatest bugs

Dire Wolf

Spaceman
Well, my registration crashed on the betatest board, so I'm posting here.

The limited radar doesn't work the way it should in that your enemies still persist and still follow you from place to place. In Privateer, if they were out of range they also didn't spawn ....

Changing to the beta resulted in the savegame files not working right. Now, everywhere I go, I get missions from either privateer or RF with the "why haven't you" message.

On Oxford I'm not getting the mission, just the message. On New Detroit I got the artifact again. Lynn Murphy sent me into the arms of angry demons. They appear to have double spawned or more.

Etc.

I find that I miss the dock command. Can't get into my turrent. Still trying to figure that out (so I can use the tractor beam).

'd' should still work ] goes to turret

as for the campaign missions being reset--that's most odd...can you send me a savegame before you started on the 1.1 beta so I can see it happen (privater *atsign gmail.com)

where were you in the campaign (just for reference)
you don't need to register on the beta board.

just because you can't see enemies--doesn't mean they can't come and bite you in the butt ;-)

I'd done an Oxford, done a few Perry, done a Tayla or two and done Lynn Murphy.

Guess this lets me redo them.

Interestingly enough, the beta killed the autoturrents (which I expected) -- but I just bought them at Perry as I refitted my Centurion.

Yep, I've started over using my save game from after I'd finished Privateer, but before I started RF. Flew to Oxford, blew up some retros, then to Jolson to start RF.

Then to New Detroit to do some shopping, and when I launched I discovered a large fleet of critters I appear to have registered on, but not seen, until they caught up with me. That is really annoying.

I've decided I like the "d" command (even when playing with automated zones). I like the light-up.

I prefer the 1.0 HUD to the 1.1 HUD, though the 1.1 is closer to the game.

I'm hoping the repair units actually repair ;)

Guess I need to be a man and face the asteroids.

I'll send a save game or two so you can see what I encountered, though I wasn't far enough in to really feel the pain (all the initial Perry, all the initial Murphy, a Tayla and an Oxford).

I'm surprised at how much I like 1.0 compared to 1.1, but some things have thier charm (the jump points seem to be bigger in the zone of effect).

Bad change, h used to lock on to the nearest hostile, in front of you or not. Now it only locks on hostiles you see, and not the nearest. The radar has gotten less functional than the original game. If you are going to make the general lock apply only to things you see, you need to bring back a full featured h.

Also, locking onto things to tractor in seems a lot harder. Lots of things just sit around cluttering space forever, no lock on them available.

It is going to get messy.

thanks for posting your future comments to the beta forum.
the original didn't have a 'h' key---I don't understand how that would work if there were an enemy behind you...

you can use 'u' to target space debris... or 'y' for that matter...
only 't' has changed function.

Where is the beta test forum? I e-mailed all the bugs I could find, but the beta test forum sounds like a better place to post them.

hellcatv said:
thanks for posting your future comments to the beta forum.
the original didn't have a 'h' key---I don't understand how that would work if there were an enemy behind you...

you can use 'u' to target space debris... or 'y' for that matter...
only 't' has changed function.

I'll have to try u and y for targetting space debris.

Still getting a handle on things. Sometimes features from different WC games merge in the memory.

I tried to edit the units file. Now the h key still does work only on the 42.0. The t key sometimes works on 42 degree sometimes on 180 degree basis. This seems strange. I just edited the file in wordpad an told the machine to put 180.0 instead of all 42.0...

Back