Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Wing Commander: Prophecy

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Onde Pik

Spaceman
This has probably been done like 10000 times before but I couldnt find a poll in recent history ;)

I only included the WC games in the actual series. As I belive Privateer would win hands down if I had included them all ;) And it really isnt fair because they are diffrent types of games. The games are including their respectable addons.

Personally it is either WCII or WCIV that I liked the most, I really was a sucker for that Blair vs Tolwyn thing. Especially in WCII where u get put on a small POS station in the middle of nowhere because everyone think u were responsible for tigers claw. WCP is my least favorite, I never really like Casey.

I voted Wing Commander II

Originally posted by Onde Pik
Especially in WCIV where u get put on a small POS station in the middle of nowhere because everyone think u were responsible for tigers claw.

that was WC2, not WC4

Wing Commander 1 and its addons (specailly them) are greaaaaaaaaaaat I would vote them,but Wing Commander 4 has a very great plot .....so....... WC 4 is my vote ;)

WCIV was most excellent, but I have to go with the game that first hooked me to WC: Heart of the Tiger all the way. Just think how great it would have been with WC4 FMV and WCP 3D engine

WC2. It showed me what great gaming was supposed to be, and it it was the game that made me a fan, though I played WC1 fisrt.

My vote goes to WCIV. Best story and most complete gameplay. It had some new stuff that would show up later on WCP and improved everything WC3 had. It also had some interesting clandestine missions. And the player gets to fly fighters from 3 different factions. The defect/don’t defect part is a classic. It’s also the game where the player gets to take some important decisions outside the cockpit, since Blair is commanding the Intrepid. This adds a lot of replay value since the player is not forced to lose a mission in order to play on a different path.

yeah, had to go with wc4 ! best story by far, and u can still play it on modern machines !

the fact thats its still the best game, even today - speaks volumes for its originality, interesting plot, dynamic campaign and of course nostalgic value.

cheers

Originally posted by Onde Pik

I only included the WC games in the actual series. As I belive Privateer would win hands down if I had included them all ;) And it really isnt fair because they are diffrent types of games. The games are including their respectable addons.
I voted Wing Commander II

your kidding right? well i never played the original, but i have privateer 2 and IMHO its pure garbage, horrible accent and all.

please tell me the original is much , much better :p

Re: Re: Best Wing Commander game?

Originally posted by wankski
your kidding right? well i never played the original, but i have privateer 2 and IMHO its pure garbage, horrible accent and all.

Privateer was many times better that its sequel, much much bigger and not as linear as Priv 2. I dont think that Priv 2 was horrble at all... good game but not fantastic.

I voted for WCIV, but Privater 1 is the true king.

Privateer 2 was okay, but it really didn't deserve to be called Privateer anything; it shoud have called "Her Majesty'y Space Quest" or something.

I don't think I could pick one above any of the others, there all good, but have different points that elevate them... like WC1 had an excellent story and character development, WCII took this and added better graphics and sound, WCIII had FMV and the chance to vanquish the Kilrathi, WCIV improved the FMV, More ships and weapons and a brilliant story, and Prohecy had spanking new graphics....I could go on, but I have work to do (unfortunately:( )

This is a toughf call...
...But I'm going with the original first Wing Commander.

The great action.
The excellent story.
Not politics (I liked the Tolwyn-Blair thing, but I still think the politics free WC1 is best)
The beautiful ships - all of them. one of the best screen shots realsed by the Standoff crew is the one showing a trio of Raptors pulls away from a Bengal carriar - absolutly nostalgic :)
The rise in ranks.
The medals.

It realy gave you the feeling you'r out there, inside that cockpit.

Really fun :D

It's a tough one to call. I liked the graphics, game play, and new fighters of Prophecy but the storyline and characters were less than respectable.

WCIV had an excellent storyline, well known characters and a few suprises. The fact that you almost have to play on the side of the BW in order to win the game leaves me wanting something more in their weapons and fighters.

I liked WC III the best cause Confed is on the brink of lossing the war and you have to fight ten times harder in order to accomplish your missions. The fact that you get to annihilate the Kilrathi homeworld is also a plus. The FMV leave something to be desired. Most of them are grainy and aren't of the highest quality.

The WCII storyline was really good, especially with the add-ons. You get to help rogue Kilrathi planets defect to Confed and inflict some payback on Prince Thrakath by taking out K'tithrak Mang. The fighter technology wasn't the greatest, especially the Broadsword. Give it some afterburners and it would have been much better.

WC I was great as far as getting the whole WC story thing started. The characters were pretty cool, and their reactions to certain situations were good. I just wish that it had a better graphics package.

I voted Wing Commander I for nostigic reasons. It was my first WC Game. But WC IV is by far the best for Plot, Action and Atomosphere

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
...I liked WC III the best... The FMV leave something to be desired. Most of them are grainy and aren't of the highest quality...

Well, is Hcl working on any hi-res patch for WC3/4?... If so, would it help w/ the FMV here?...

The video-enhancing patch for WCP is called "WCP DVD", but we never could get our hands in it.

Re: Re: Best Wing Commander game?

Originally posted by wankski

Privateer 1 and RF are Better than Privateer 2......but Priv2 is an excellent game as well......

Back