Best trades in Priv1?

Starkey

Avenging Rooster
Aside from illegal stuff (taking Brilliance or Ultimate to a Pleasure planet) and the obvious stuff (ferrying food to refinery and mining bases and minerals to planets), I´d like to know other lucrative trades to make in Privateer.

For instance, where do I sell books and movies for a good price?

Starkey said:
where do I sell books and movies for a good price?

I don't recall ever being able to find good prices on the lower end stuff, although I guess Wedge's chart proves me wrong (an excellent chart, BTW). I always liked the illegal stuff best because it was just about the only WC where you could do bad stuff and get away with it (P2 aside). I liked the slave trade best.

In my opinion, contraband is the only thing that's worth running back and forth to bases. One way I used to make money in the Tarsus was get a cargo expansion and make myself invulnerable. Then I would fly to Pentonville and stock up hopefully on slaves and Ultimate. Sometimes I would reload the game just to try and get those things. Then I would head off to the nearest pleasure planet with was in the Padre system. It paid about as much as your typical fixer mission.

Viper61 said:
Wow, you beat me to it. :) Well, I'm glad people have noticed it's there to use. There wasn't any hacking or anything special involved with that one - I did it the hard way. Every time I landed or reloaded a save game, I re-checked the highest and lowest prices. 'twas a pain in the butt, but I'm stubbornly persistent with things like these.

BTW, if anyone does happen to find higher or lower prices than what I've stated, please let me know. My brother didn't find any problem with it, in any case.

damn, thats a nice peice of work! wish I knew about when I was really into playing privateer( you know, before I beat it about 5 million times :) ). can you put up a link to your site? I wanna see it now.

oh, ha, me so dumb lol. thats a damn fine website, love all the stuff you got on privateer. btw what system was privateer made for? Im getting a computer that Im gonna turn into a wc gaming machine and I wanna play the early games only on that comp.

Privateer was for PC, DOS only unfortunately. It works fairly well using DOSbox (at least is does for me) if you're running W2K or XP, but I'd reccomend running DOS natively if possible.

Wood from Oxford to New Detroit (pretty safe)
Wood from Helen to New Detroit. (not so safe)

and plutonium from a mining base to new detroit is pretty profitable too. theres like 3 of them in the surrounding systems. I made enough doing that do afford a Galaxy (but I already had 50000 in the bank and about 25000 in ship upgrades and stuff on my tarsus).

Back