Best superfighter

Which is the best "superfighter"?

• Rapier (WC1)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Morningstar (WC2)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Crossbow (WC2 - Bomber, but what the hell)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Excalibur (WC3)

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Dragon (WC4)

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Other (plz specify - go on, you know you want to)

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

Chameleon102

Spaceman
Just thought I'd collect some more thoughts.......I always liked the Morningstar and the Dragon myself.

I haven't put the Vampire in here, 'cos even though it is the most advanced fighter in WCP, it's not really a prototype superfighter in my humble opinion, just a really really, really, really good space superiority fighter.

I'll have to go for the Excal. 4 Tachyon + 2 Reaper = Much Fun!
Allthough I have to admit to having a soft spot for the Crossbow ... anything with 3 Mass Drivers and 2 Neutrons in the front can't be all bad.

I personally don't have much time for the Dragon. Its firepower isn't all that much better than a T-Bolt and I never found much use for the cloak or advantage in the unlimited burners.

Overall, my favorite is the Vampire, but as you said, it's not really a 'superfighter'.

The problem with Super-Fighters is that we don't get to use them that much. But the Excalibur was very, very cool, even though I liked the Dragon design.

... or vice-versa? While the Rapier in WC1 is a prototype, I think most people will agree that it isn't a superfighter.

--Eder

Actually, I found the WC2 Rapier a little bit better than the WC1 one. I died a lot at first, but once I learned to play its strenghts (ie: shoot, run away, turn back, shoot, run away, repeat :) I did quite well in my missions. The WC1 Rapier, IMO, didn't have the guns or the afterburner fuel to do anything like this, though.

--Eder

Me neither, my fav. WC2 ship is the Broadsword actually :D I only learned to hit and run after dying like 15 times on the Rapier missions (and watching Hobbes or Stingray eject in every single one of them... argh, those two didn't help much either!)

--Eder

In my opinion, easily the Dragon. Hell, I've played through WC4 so many times, taking that ship whenever I can, 90% of the missions I won't even get hit more than the first blast from any nearby fighters when I come into a system-or when I was launching from the recon. That ship has everything you could possibly want, and then gives you more!

I never really noticed too great of a difference between ships in WC IV... probably 'cause gameplay came in second...

Morningstar, hehhehheh, because I can destroy a fleet with my mighty Mace, then move to a planet 10 light years away, then watch the explosion I caused 10 years later!:cool: Oh yeah, those shades will be needed!:)

Definitely the Dragon. Actually, I'm surprised they don't have any Dragons during WCP any more. That thing could take on at least a panther when refitted with the newest technology.

Back