Best Real Life quotes...

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Who needs "best Movie quotes" when there's plenty of great real-life material out there by famous historical figures & other actual people?...

Give us your best. (Heck, material from Dan Quayle and "W" alone could fill this thread for months!...)

Anyway, here's two to start off, both Winston Churchill (actually, these 2 are paraphrases, since I don't have time to look up the exact wording):

----------------------------------

Lady Astor, seeing Winston Churchill drunk at some social function:
Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!

WInston Churchill:
And you, my lady, are ugly; the difference is, when I wake up tomorrow, I shall be sober...
----------------------------------

Another famous British socialite:
If I were your wife, Mr. Churchill, I'd put poison in your tea.

Churchill again:
Madam, if I were your husband, I would drink it....

"Good Luck! And may we beseech the blessing of Almighty God to which we have been bestowed on this great and noble undertaking."
General Eisenhower
Order of the day
June 6, 1944

Yep. That Winston was quite the character.

How about Shepard's Prayer?

"Dear Lord, please don't let me fuck up."

Don't remember who said this but here goes:

"If a tree falls in the forest and nobody's around to here it, did it make a sound"

I hope that was correct.:cool:

"There's an old...saying in Tennessee...I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once...(3 second pause)... Shame on...(4 second pause)...Shame on you....(6 second pause)...Fool me...Can't get fooled again." --George W. Bush to Nashville, Tennessee audience, Sept. 17, 2002, MSNBC-TV --Politex, Sept. 17, 2002, 10 PM

Famous last words:
"Hey! Watch this!"

I saw that on The Daily Show, laughed for hours. "You fool me once, uh, shame, guhfoolma, um, can't get fooled again." Why do I have to be American?

Originally posted by RiotAct218
I saw that on The Daily Show, laughed for hours. "You fool me once, uh, shame, guhfoolma, um, can't get fooled again." Why do I have to be American?

You making fun of My president Sucka.

"I pity the Fool" - MR T. to everyone he meets (awesome line wonder if he was the one who made it up or just made it famous):cool:

It was a simple task: say the stupid quote. He couldn't even do that. Yes, I am making fun of the president. And when the U.S. goes to war with Iraq, you can have a grand time fighting for him. Stupid Bush.

Originally posted by RiotAct218
It was a simple task: say the stupid quote. He couldn't even do that. Yes, I am making fun of the president. And when the U.S. goes to war with Iraq, you can have a grand time fighting for him. Stupid Bush.

That man has admitted every problem he has had and fixed it (as well if he didn't know a subject well he appointed someone who did) but its still not good enough for the corrupt Liberals in the world. Clinton is the reason the WTC was attacked as he appointed the clueless FBI Chief who dismissed the warning signs, he also downsized the army. You judge a man by his short comings with his speech abilities but Clinton is favored as a great president even after his purjury on the stand, don't let me forget the fact he sold the long distance guidance systems for bombs to China . I laugh at all people for making fun of bush while someone like Clinton who is a liar and a corruptor of america is revered as a hero. Now you tell me why my Republican party Just won control of the whole shabang. I'll tell you why Cause people smartened up and stoped being so damn ignorant. Bush ain't perfect but he's the best there has been in a long while. No wonder we had alot of problems with the 2000 elections because Gore is cut from the same cloth as Clinton and his wife.

Now you tell me why my Republican party Just won control of the whole shabang. I'll tell you why Cause people smartened up and stoped being so damn ignorant.
Wake-up call - most of the population didn't vote. If this election result is indeed a consequence of people smartening up and not being so damn ignorant, then both the Republicans and the Democrats should be wondering what the hell they're doing wrong.

Originally posted by Quarto
Wake-up call - most of the population didn't vote. If this election result is indeed a consequence of people smartening up and not being so damn ignorant, then both the Republicans and the Democrats should be wondering what the hell they're doing wrong.

(I am a very much a patriot so this is why I get so angry with people dissing my President)

I'm just gonna have to disagree with you on this one and I respect your opinion and all but after WTC people started to support Bush (especially my age group 18-20 year olds as alot of teen call in shows like trl for instance had them calling in and saying it made em think more patriototic and that they would definently be voting and the such and alot more did this past election) (I registered four months before 9/11 on the smackdown your vote campaign) and really unless you are a member of the us military and are located in another country because of duty I don't even know how you can make comments on american politics. As for you american citizens who disagree you guys are heading for a downfall cause a major revolution is happening and we are purging the liberals out with all the lying they do. (don't even try a spin doctor on this stating republicans and Conservatives are the liars cause its just another form of telling mistruths or your just miss informed.) And when we do go after Iraq we will get the job done because we don't have scumbags in office anymore.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
(unless you are a member of the us military and are located in another country because of duty I don't even know how you can make comments on american politics.

Wow... what the hell? Anyone who wants to can comment on american politics. I'm rather sure that's one of the founding ideals of your system... the right to speak. I'm also slightly curious about how soldiers in foreign lands should recieve more respect in the way of political influence than any other citizen... They may be fighting, but in the big picture they aren't any more important than any other contributing member of society. You probably couldn't do without them, but you also couldn't do without... say... farmers.

As for you american citizens who disagree you guys are heading for a downfall cause a major revolution is happening and we are purging the liberals out with all the lying they do. (don't even try a spin doctor on this stating republicans and Conservatives are the liars cause its just another form of telling mistruths or your just miss informed.) And when we do go after Iraq we will get the job done because we don't have scumbags in office anymore.

Whoo! Everyone who disagrees with me is a dirty lying bastard! Are you trying to tell me that Republics don't lie? They probably just lie towards in ways that agree with your political standing.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
I'm just gonna have to disagree with you on this one and I respect your opinion and all but after WTC people started to support Bush and really unless you are a member of the us military and are located in another country because of duty I don't even know how you can make comments on american politics.
WTF is that supposed to mean? Why shouldn't I be able to make comments on American politics? Because really, if I can't make comments about American politics, then how can Americans make comments about non-American politics?

As for you american citizens who disagree you guys are heading for a downfall cause a major revolution is happening and we are purging the liberals out with all the lying they do. (don't even try a spin doctor on this stating republicans and Conservatives are the liars cause its just another form of telling mistruths or your just miss informed.)
Ah, but how can you prove that your claims about Liberals are not just another form of telling mistruths or proof that you're just misinformed?

And when we do go after Iraq we will get the job done becaue we don't have scumbags in office anymore.
Right, like that scumbag who didn't get the job done in 1991! What was his name, uh... Clinton, right?

Originally posted by Quarto
WTF is that supposed to mean? Why shouldn't I be able to make comments on American politics? Because really, if I can't make comments about American politics, then how can Americans make comments about non-American politics?

Ah, but how can you prove that your claims about Liberals are not just another form of telling mistruths or proof that you're just misinformed?

Right, like that scumbag who didn't get the job done in 1991! What was his name, uh... Clinton, right?

No You can I just mean about the fact that people in my country changed there voting situation which you told me most of my countries population has not. You can't tell me that you being austrialia have alot of time to pay attention to what happens in the voting and polls of my country and if you do you got to much time on your hand is what I meant. (I Phrased it incorrectly you have as much right as I do I'm just talking about that specific line you mentioned before Quarto)

As for proving my theory they have done treason type acts in my country for years (example: selling guidance chips to China, putting alot of the economy in trouble, bush can't kill a economy 2 months after getting in office, clinton did anyway he rode the success of regan and bush seniors Economy as it doesn't take effect for a couple years. shall I go on)

As for your last comment Bush senior was on the way out and didn't get a chance to finish the job. Clinton (the scumbag I was refering to) not only didn't follow up (except for the few times he bombed Iraq to get the attention of the impeachment off him.) he tried to demilitarize alot as he cut alot of funding and alot of good officers just short of retirement got discharged.

Thats a good case If you want more I will have to consult my dad (who is an expert on the subject) tomarrow when he gets home from his job as a Lt. Colonel in the US Army.

Originally posted by TC
Wow... what the hell? Anyone who wants to can comment on american politics. I'm rather sure that's one of the founding ideals of your system... the right to speak. I'm also slightly curious about how soldiers in foreign lands should recieve more respect in the way of political influence than any other citizen... They may be fighting, but in the big picture they aren't any more important than any other contributing member of society. You probably couldn't do without them, but you also couldn't do without... say... farmers.

Whoo! Everyone who disagrees with me is a dirty lying bastard! Are you trying to tell me that Republics don't lie? They probably just lie towards in ways that agree with your political standing.

no what I meant is listed in my response to Quarto. As for If you moved to another country being originally american you give up your citizenship of america for the country you moved to. soldiers don't because they were stationed there for duty in the military same for there families who went along. (being an army brat I am also very much apart of the army and get perks as well as have to make sacrifices. I'm a little biased towards corrupt politics interfering with the army like my dad transfer got screwed by politics. thats why I hate Clinton so much cause he has a big part in the problem with my dads transfer the major who handled his transfer is going to be first lady and senatorof new york Hillary Clintons aide) (he took out the funding booted the good soldiers and left the politician soldiers in.) I was not refering to civilians in america I was refering to civilians who left the country by choice unless it was for a short time like a vacation or bisness trip.

Never said that. the Libs in my country have tried every dirty tactic to discredit my sides views. and I get pissed off with all the Bleeping spindoctoring they do. For instance at the last second of election 2000 as gore was going to succeed he changed his mind at the last second to make G.W. Bush look bad and they have used things like he was a drunk to look bad (took place 3 decades ago and he didn't deny it he said he went to rehab. The best accomplishment you can have is admitting a problem then conquering it. and yes at one time the republicans were like the democrats but the fact is that was in the 50's. Basically the republicans and democrats just switched names with each other.

If you want me to dig up more proof, I will but it will have to wait till tomarrow.

Gah, this isn't worth replying to. All you're doing is trying to shift the blame on Clinton for the things Bush did. If you stop ignoring facts for a moment, you'll realise that Bush had his chance to get rid of Saddam Hussein, and didn't (on his way out? In February 1991?). And you can make the bullshit claim that it takes years for an economy to change if you want... but in that case, why did Clinton inherit a bad economy?

Bush wanted to go all the way to Baghdad. It was the Arab countries that said that if you do, we will cut off the oil and not participate in the attack so America will come off looking like a bunch of Arab-bashers. Bush didn't want that, so he stopped the war.
As for the economy, yeah Clinton did inherit an economy that wasn't the best, but why did Clinton have to screw with the numbers to make Gore look good? and for the economy taking years, who did Bush Jr. inherit the economy from?
and Doomsday, don't forget that Clinton had the opportunity to kill bin laden and didn't because it wouldn't look good politically

Back