BEST CPU for Privateer?

JeffB

Spaceman
Sorry, this is somewhat cross-posted, but I need information fast/soon - see my thread "Aquiring DOS Machine for Privateer?".

I'm going to have a DOS machine built soon. I have a choice of a P1 100 Mhz or a P 166.

The P166 would be the best *overall* choice to run the four old DOS games in my inventory. BUT If Privateer won't run well on it, or if MoSlo won't work that well to fix problems IF a P166 is too fast, then I need to specify a P100.

My priority / focus is on Privateer - *if* I fall back to the P100 I know that one of the four DOS games (the least favorite) won't run well on it - but Privateer is what is most important.

I need to know soon so that I can give the specs to the guy building the computer.

Okay nevermind

Nevermind, did some extensive digging thru these forums (which is what I should have done in the first place) and apparantly people are running Privateer just fine on PII/450; so I should be OK with a P166.

Now, if you want Privateer to sound really great, see if the guy building your computer can find a Roland GS MIDI device of some sort for it...

Back