"Bed Time Story"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Spaceman
What happened to the thread "Bed time story?" It apears to have been deleated so if anyone has a copy of the thread could you send it to me?

-----------
You might be a redneck if..."Your wife has ever said, 'Come move this transmission so I can take a bath!'"

It was deleted by accident (or so I was told...
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess "accidents" happen... Did anyone mange to save any of it before the "accident?"

-----------
You might be a redneck if...The flood history of the area can be seen on your living room walls.

ROFLOL (Rolling on the floor laughing out loud)!!

Death's Head: That is the best use of a WC 2 quote in a long, long time
biggrin.gif

For those of you who didn't catch it:
"Khasra! I have heard enough of Khasra. Your father sought glory, as Khasra does... This led to his fatal... accident."
"Such accidents are very common in our family."

Deadman: What was saved was recently posted by No Regret. Look for it amongst the threads from 07/02/00. Can't miss it.

Kalkrath:I don`t know where you come from,but there are countrys on Earth where 7/2/2000
means february 7.(For example in my country
smile.gif
)

Your absolutly right Stardust. There are backwords ass counties out there such as yours.

--------
You might be a redneck if...Your wedding was held in the delivery room.

You might be a redneck if...Your soap on a rope doubles as an air freshener.

[This message has been edited by Deadman (edited February 08, 2000).]

I don't know if you've ever been out of US, buy in my experience USA IS this backwards ass country. They took English language and changed it a little, they use miles/inches/feet and Farenhite degrees (sp?) while most of the planet is using the metric system, and Celsius as the measure of temperature. There are many things that they do diffrently than the rest of the planet. USA has been around for a relatively short time, you know.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I'll make a smartass remark later. Have to go right now.

-------------
You might be a redneck if...Your primary source of income is the pawn shop.

Good for you Deadman.
biggrin.gif
Just don't make it offensive, or the mods, or admins might ban you.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

No, it makes remembering harder. Water boils at 100, it frezes below 0. A meter has 10 centimeters, and kilometer has 1000 meters, a centimeter has 10 milimiters. It's much easier to remember.

------------------
Gen. Patton

I don't know if you've ever been out of US,

(never even been outside New York state)

buy in my experience USA IS this backwards ass country. They took English language and changed it a little,

(To my knoledge there are several countries that have changed the native language a bit. Take the spanish for instance. The launguge is somewhat differend than that of Spain, Cuba, Mexico and Brizil yet it is still considered spanish. Hell, if you think about it the english language is somewhat different is you go to different parts of the US or even different parts of states in the US. The reason for this is that all spoken languages are constantly changing and evolving.)

they use miles/inches/feet and Farenhite degrees (sp?) while most of the planet is using the metric system, and Celsius as the measure of temperature.

(Your absolutly right. You win a cookie.
smile.gif
But the metric system sucks! I'll admit I know about as much about the metric system as I do about speaking German since I was never even tought it in school (did take German though). In fact to me the metric system to me is like a forien langauge but I do have a rough grasp of it. I know that 0c is freezing and 100c is boiling temp, but since there is no real use for it in my life I could care less. Even the local bank clocks which for years displayed the time, and temp in both farenheight and celcius gave up. Now they just show the time and temp in Farenhieght since nobody cares about your shitty form af measurement.)

There are many things that they do diffrently than the rest of the planet. USA has been around for a relatively short time, you know.

(Again your right the US has only been around for just over two hundred years yet it is considered one of the greatest and most powerful nations in the world. In short. We rule and you suck.)

Thank you all for your time. I'm not putting down you country or anything, but I just don't care how you do stuff.

------------
You might be a redneck if..."The first words out of your mouth every time you see friends are 'Howdy!', 'HEY!' or 'How Y'all Doin'?' (If they respond with the same... they're a redneck too!)"

You might be a redneck if...You are dead against blind people golfing but you support them in their efforts to obtain diver's licences.

quote:
No, it makes remembering harder. Water boils at 100, it frezes below 0. A meter has 10 centimeters, and kilometer has 1000 meters, a centimeter has 10 milimiters. It's much easier to remember.

Water freezes at degrees, it doesn't have to be below.
A meter has 100 centimeters

It's easier to remember Earthworm?

I use both systems as well as Kelvin for temperature. Farenhite has been proven to be more in tune to how our bodies sence temperature.

I also prefer demensionalles units, but that's just me.

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

I still want metric time. The day is seperated into 10 'hours', each of which has 100 'minutes' with 100 'seconds'
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Deadman: You are entitled to have your childish "we rulez da world" opinions, but you are NOT entitled to bring them up. Ever.
If you don't care about the matter discussed, then SHUT UP. You have a hell of an ego to assume that something is stupid just because you're too incompetent to bother learning anything about it.
The next time you feel like debating, keep away from phrases such as "we rule and you suck". That'll only get you trouble.

Earthworm: You too, should be careful what you say about other countries.

[Non-Moderator Mode]

Deadman,

1. Brazil does not speak Spanish. They speak Portuguese. In fact, at one point the capital of the Portuguese Empire was in Brasil.

2. Considering that China uses the metric system, you can hardly say nobody cares about "our shitty form of measurement". This seems to indicate that a _very_ large fraction of the world's population uses the metric system.

3. The US is certainly not the most powerful nation in the world, because your government is a slave to votes. It's funny how tiny little Israel can push the US around, n'est ce pas?

[This message has been edited by Quarto (edited February 09, 2000).]

Deadman, so I made a mistake, it's still easier than remembering the miles and all that other stuff. Also, water does freze below 0 degrees. It won't freze if it's just 0.

Quarto, I don't mean to insult US, but it does do a lot of things "backwards".
biggrin.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 09, 2000).]

Also, water does freze below 0 degrees. It won't freze if it's just 0.
freezing point n (1747): the temperature at which liquid solidifies<the freezing point of water is 0 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit>

Nope, water won't freeze at 0 degrees Celsius.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back