Be prepared for LARGE fines and HARD time if your with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so this was retardedness all on my part. Meant it just as a little joke, but you'll never see anything this stupid again, you have my word on that. So, we're cool? And if you feel like killing this thread that's fine by me.

There are no stupid people just stupid questions...
no wait
There are no stupid questions just stupid people...
It's a forem. People should be able to talk and ask questions no matter how assinine. Just kane the kid and move on. Even LOAF didn't seem to upset. And pie sounds cool.:)
----------------------

Run Mr. Krabs! Run like your not in a coma!!!

This thread reminds me of the time I was going to crash a Communist Party, but couldn't find the secret Kremlin in Wisconsin and ended up stumbling into a lawnmower convention by accident.

I think EA should consider putting out a collector DVD of all the Wing Commander games, but i'm not so sure that piracy is the right way to go to influence EA to do so.
On the other hand, if you missed one in the series, i missed 4 and WCP, then it ain't easy getting your hands on a legal copy.

Seconded.

BTW, Please close this thread before it gets too nasty.

@Haliwali: If you meant this thread to be a joke, leave it for IRC, where people are allowed to joke around more often.

Alright so this was retardedness all on my part. Meant it just as a little joke, but you'll never see anything this stupid again, you have my word on that. So, we're cool? And if you feel like killing this thread that's fine by me.
- Haliwali

The subject is serious enough; therefore maybe it should be treated in a more serious context than this thread, but still this thread has cast some light on an interesting subject.

This maybe a little out of-topic, but has anyone tried to send some mails or letters to EA about a new release of wing commander?
It isn’t to reach out to the right person in a big cooperation like EA – I guess…

This maybe a little out of-topic, but has anyone tried to send some mails or letters to EA about a new release of wing commander?

Didn't we just have one? Really the time to tell EA we wanted new games was when Arena came out, by buying an XBox 360 and a copy of Arena for all of your friends and family and coercing them to play it (as well as a copy for yourself). Letters are hollow sentiment when you have sales figures telling you the facts of the market. I mean, if I were the money man, I'd be looking at how many people are actively playing my game, not how many letters I'm getting.

On the other hand, if you missed one in the series, i missed 4 and WCP, then it ain't easy getting your hands on a legal copy.

Yes, it is. You've had ten years, and both games are still readily available for less than their original prices. If you haven't even gotten those yet, what kind of market for new games do you expect EA to think there is?

True! But its on wrong platform. And i really want WC4 and WCP and not a new game... :(

Then go freakin buy them! It's only the "wrong" platform because you don't have it. It's the right platform to jump start the series again. It's not fair to the series to want this niche genre to come back first on a niche platform because you don't feel like buying what's popular these days. And if you're too lazy to get all the major WC games on your preferred platform, why do you even care whether a new game exists or not?

Even LOAF didn't seem to upset.

Well, to be clear - my telling someone to stop being stupid is the single harshest judgement I can express. It means I've read your post and decided that your method of thinking was so absolutely worthless that I didn't even feel like yelling at you :)

That said, welcome piracy guy.

Lets be clear: people are pirating Wing Commander games right now. Not even because they want to play them, but because there's this idiotic pirate-whatever-you-can culture that exists for absolutely no reason. The whole darned industry knows this and there's nothing anyone can do - it's not convincing anyone to sell more Wing Commander games.

What is, though, is our community - and every time I've worked with an EA producer they've *always* expressed how impressed they are with the way we (the community, not LOAF) run things... professionally, legally, intelligently, etc. Our way of doing things has made us a lot of friends over the years... and our day will come again.

(Now, if you want to pay a 'large fine' and support Wing Commander then get thee to an Xbox360ery. Someday I'll be able to explain to you people what the world ruined by failing Arena... and you will be absolutely heartbroken.)

(Now, if you want to pay a 'large fine' and support Wing Commander then get thee to an Xbox360ery. Someday I'll be able to explain to you people what the world ruined by failing Arena... and you will be absolutely heartbroken.)

I'm certain I don't know what this refers to, but it makes me very sad that we are missing out on something :(

Right now my plans for picking up a 360 just went out the window with the twisted metal that my car became about half an hour ago. But i'm guessing EA was using Arena to test the waters for a future release?

Right now my plans for picking up a 360 just went out the window with the twisted metal that my car became about half an hour ago. But i'm guessing EA was using Arena to test the waters for a future release?

It wouldn't be a -bad- guess, but I suspect it was more to test the waters for whether the market would buy a space sim, which is what WC basically is at its core. Arena seems to have proven that, even at a reasonable price, space sims are small change, or so it seems.

Which means no money is to be made investing in them, unlike say... C&C.

Now, if you want to pay a 'large fine' and support Wing Commander then get thee to an Xbox360ery. Someday I'll be able to explain to you people what the world ruined by failing Arena... and you will be absolutely heartbroken.

The world actually failed Arena? I thought we didn't know how it fared commercially, despite the moronic reviews... And it got it's fair (err, or maybe not) share of positive reviews too, IIRC.

The world actually failed Arena? I thought we didn't know how it fared commercially, despite the moronic reviews... And it got it's fair (err, or maybe not) share of positive reviews too, IIRC.

I think he was refering to the handful of bad reviews that came from somewhat influential sites. Even after one of the reviewers was discredited (which should be obvious from the review itself for anyone that actually played the game) the damage was already done. They decided somehow it was cool to hat it for being what it was and layered it in all the "EA is Evil" rhetoric.

I am very interested in hearing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back