Battlestar Galactica

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to blame you, really -- it's a very popular rumor that's been spread all over the place in the last few years. It generally pops up for *every* show that gets cancelled... "the evil network was *trying* to kill my favorite show! Look, they moved it around a lot in their schedule!"

It's like the "Freespace sold badly because they didn't advertise for it" thing that goes around, even though absolutely everyone that was around at the time remembers the really annoying ads about the ship size and things.

I plan to watch the New Battlestar Galactica.

Also Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer are now Callsigns not names.

And Boomer is also female.

Here's a pic of Starbuck. Is it me, or does the helmet look Like a Kilrathi one?

bgpic_05.jpg

TopGun said:
Here's a pic of Starbuck. Is it me, or does the helmet look Like a Kilrathi one?
Yeah it does, but I know I've seen it before. Maybe The Abyss suit helmets or even Leviathan but it is really is trying to jog my memory, it just can;t quite do it.

C-ya

TopGun said:

actually, it looks more like the infantry helmets from command and conquer tiberian sun

Sex in the City is a pretty neat show, though, whereas Battlestar Galactica was Star Wars in space.

Did you know that they're making a Battlestar Galactica game?

Its being done by warthog, who had something to do with Starlancer.

Looks pretty cool....

Warthog also had a hand in some pretty crappy games. Didn't they do the Phantom Menace PC game?

Bandit LOAF said:
Sex in the City is a pretty neat show, though, whereas Battlestar Galactica was Star Wars in space.

Huh? Star Wars is Star Wars in space. If you mean it was Star Wars: the Series, then yes, you have a point.

Its still a pretty fun way to spend 45 minutes, though. Except for Galactica 1980, that sucked.

Ice Hellion said:
The more things change, the more they stay the same. I enjoyed Space: Above and Beyond when it was on. Why did the guys at Fox cancel it?

Because it got pretty silly to have a show about pilots when every other episode had them fighting as light infantry.

Quit your bellyaching Ender.

It was canceled because the expense of the series and the lack of ratings.

I was just offereing the explanation of why I stopped watching. And, from conversations with a house full of sci-fi geeks on the matter, and the show's eventual cancellation due to loss of viewers it seems I was not alone.

Ender said:
Because it got pretty silly to have a show about pilots when every other episode had them fighting as light infantry.

They are marines, it kindof makes sense to stack a carrier full of people who can either fly a fighter or assault a land target as infantry. Lets you stack up more people without having half for pilots and half for infantry. A little more effecient.

C-ya

Lord_Nathrakh said:
ender is your name from halo? or u been to starwars boards?
No to both counts. I use different screen names on each forum I belong to (4 at last count), it helps keep the different voices in my head from fighting over whose turn it is to talk.

Viper-61, I realized after I posted one of the military axioms I've heard, which is, "Every Marine is a rifleman." Ok, fine. Well and good, but it takes a hell of a lot more time, energy and money to train a pilot or a tanker than an average run of the mill ground pounder. With that in mind, and typical workload of a fighter squadron it's kinda hard to believe that the corp is willing to waste highly skilled pilots on a dangerous ground op then a platoon of recon Marines can do it for less money. Better too probably.

Hienlien said "Specialization is for insects," well fine, but I like my pilots in the air, my GROPOS in the mud and my REMFS doing as little screwing up as possible. Things just seem to work better that way

Back