Battlestar Galactica: Season Two

So, how many of you saw the season premiere last night? What did you think? It looks like they've already got several interesting plot lines set up for this season.

I thought it was a pretty cool start. I might start watching the series now. What about Stargate SG1's cliffhanger? and Atlantis?

Conrad said:
I enjoyed it, cant wait to see whats next :D

Maybe I heard wrong on this, but haven't you folks in the UK already had season two on television, and weren't you shown season one several months before us in the States?

yup, im not sure on when the UK will get season 2, i assume it wont be too long. (im not sure if bskyb is still helping to fund the series - which was the reason why season 1 was shown here first).

I thought BSG was alright. The Battlestar Vs. Baseship battle was pretty good and had some excellent graphics. A bit repetitive though: Battlestar launches fighters and shoots guns and flak, Baseship launches fighters and missiles. This process continues until the BSG can warp out. The new cylon marine corvette was interesting, but I'd like to see much more than just one little change. Interesting the first couple times, but it seems like we've seen that 7 or 8 times by now. There was an episode where they changed things up and attacked a mining operation- I'd like to see more of that.

I REALLY liked Atlantis and SG-1. The Altantis episode had some of the best space combat of any show or movie I've ever seen. It was awesome how you could follow the action and watch their strategies play out. Awesome capship combat- the Human/Azguard ship rocked. I thought the special effects were very good. The Wraith fighters (Darts) making a suicide run on Atlantis and the huge explosions as the shield went up reminded me of Homeworld2 when you make the mistake of sending your fighters through a radiation cloud. This episode is what I dreamed BSG would be like all the time.

SG-1 was pretty good, I liked the fighter combat scenes. The main character who use to be on Farscape is a pretty good actor. I think they're stretching him too much by trying to make the show revolve around him. Richard Dean Anderson (aka McGuyver) is a tough act to follow, and I think the Farscape guy would be better in a supporting role. The girl who's from Farscape is a pretty good actress too, but I'm getting sick of seeing her as the "tough guy" girl. She's pretty, but IMO she's not as sexy as Farscape and now SG-1 are trying to make her seem. Her character might also get VERY annoying if she becomes a permanent member. I'm a bit excited to see who the other new members of the team will be- I would assume the Farscape guy and girl, but I wonder who else. Maybe a few of the SG-1 members will rejoin.

Maybe SG-1 can find some other guy who starred in an 80's tv series similar to McGuyver.. Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap (also in Star Trek)? Benson? Mr. Belvedier? Gary Coleman? (just joking on most of those suggestions) Seriously though I think Tom "the Maniac" Wilson would be awesome as the new starring SG-1 member. He has the Stargate type humor that would probably mesh with the style of the writers.

This is a slight aside but figured it had a little to do with BSG. The website I write music reviews for is having a contest

Music on Film and La- La Land Records are proud to award three lucky winners copies of Seed of Chucky by Pino Donaggio and Battlestar Galactica: Season One by Bear McCreary. Use the form below to enter. Contest ends July 31, 2005

http://musiconfilm.net/contest.html

(No, I don't get anything out of this what-so-ever, nor do I have any control about the contest it's self. Just being somewhat neighborly with you all)

Back