Base launch or patrol intercept?

What would be better? (story-wise not for wow-factor)

• Alert-Five fighters launch to intercept.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Patrol rerouted to intercept.

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
Sorry not everyone has the time to do so Cam. :) But I work a lot, I'll get around to it when I can.

I thought of that too, but I doubt Vaktoths and Dralthi have cloaking devices, Meson. (But I think there was another ship in there he had that I can't remember.)

He mentioned earlier on in this thread that due to board input, he was going to add a stealth fighter that would only appear after the other Kilrathi fighters had been turned into debris.

Originally posted by Skyfire
I thought of that too, but I doubt Vaktoths and Dralthi have cloaking devices, Meson. (But I think there was another ship in there he had that I can't remember.)

A cloaking device could be mounted on some of the last-generation Kilrathi fighters, including the Dralthi IV and the Vaktoth.

Whether pirates would have access to such a device is another question...

That's what I'm saying. I don't see pirates having ready access to such things, as it seemed both Kilrathi and Confed kept pretty tight lids on it.

As for the stealth fighter, I must have thought he said he was considering it for the movie. Sorry Cam, always seem ta be misunderstanding ya lately!

Well that was only a possibility. I'm not sure yet. It's a good action-extender, but story-wise it doesn't really fit. :) We'll see. The script is not finished yet. Once it's done that's final and then I'll work from there.

Technically I wouldn't call them "pirates" per say, as they don't exactly hang out with the human pirate crowd. I'd rather refer to them as Kilrathi "raiders" and marauders. Sure they pillage and plunder but not for money or personal gain--for what I'm not sure. Who cares! It's a movie! Sit back and enjoy. :D

Originally posted by Skyfire
That's what I'm saying. I don't see pirates having ready access to such things, as it seemed both Kilrathi and Confed kept pretty tight lids on it.

But in the aftermath of the destruction of Kilrah, things might haven't gotten "lost," someone might have taken advantage of the situation for their own gains or the gains of a group they are allied to. I hear stories in the media from time to time about former Soviet weapons and other stuff finding their way into the "wrong" hands. How true those stories are is another matter.

I think the best reason to disbelieve rumors that ex Soviet nukes had found their way into the wrong hands is the fact that nobody's been nuked. Yet...

So using a nuke determines that a person is unfit to have custody of atomic weapons??

Originally posted by Penguin
I think the best reason to disbelieve rumors that ex Soviet nukes had found their way into the wrong hands is the fact that nobody's been nuked. Yet...
I was talking about other wepaons as well. I'm not sure the stealth tech is equivalent to nuclear weapons. To use another WC analogy though, if someone did get a Soviet nuke, they may do what the Church of Man did with the Steltek gun. Reverse engineer it to make more. Getting the material and handling it properly so you don't kill yourself are limiting factors to be sure. Plus you have to have some idea of what you are doing, but it is a hell of a lot easier to build something after the theory and process has already been worked out than to invent it from the ground up.

Originally posted by AD
So using a nuke determines that a person is unfit to have custody of atomic weapons??

I think what Penguin meant was that if any terrorist group had gotten hold of nukes, they would already have tried to use them. A stolen nuclear weapon isn't the kind of thing that you can keep secret for very long, and once the word is out, the terrorists would have all kinds of special forces coming down on them.

Best, Raptor

I'd tend to agree with Raptor. That's why I find all these stories about terrorists having briefcase size nukes a bit shakey, as I've never heard of one being used (outside of movies).

Back