"Banshee" scale model for sale

elend

Rear Admiral
Hey guys,

years ago I created this scale model of the Banshee:

Banshee_01.jpg

(More images: www.andersdenkend.com/zwischenraum/Modellbau/Banshee/)

You may remember it, since it got posted on the wcnews.com main page, iirc. Since I am going to China for the foreseeable future and don't really want to take it with me (and need some extra cash *cough*), I was wondering if someone in here is actually interested in buying it. As much as I still like it, I am planning to build more models in the future anyway. Preferably also WC stuff like a Dralthi, etc. :D

The thing why haven't put it on ebay already is: It's kinda fragile and I am not really sure, how I should safely ship it to its new home. There's this glass box around, which most probably will get killed by the postal service but even if I sell it without and you just get a new glass box (bought this one on ebay for 8 EUR) there's still the possibility that the model itself will kind of fall apart.

Do you guys have any ideas how to do this?

Well, when do you leave for China? I'm actually going to move for a few months in Germany from the end of September onwards (to Chemnitz), so if there's a possibility of a RL meet-up...

Man, that's a terrific model. I never really liked the Banshee much, but you made it look spectacular! What kind of price were you thinking (for someone say... in the US)?

Where are you from and what price point are you considering for the model?

L.I.F: I will move to China most probably on the 21st of October. That'd give us a window of about a month, to actually meet up. Chemnitz is a bit far from where I live (Ludwigshafen / Mannheim, Germany), but I could at least visit my family or friends over there (Dresden, Zittau area). So that'd be the most convenient way of course.

Klavs81: Thanks a bunch, man! It looks best from afar and the front, since the back is not really accurate due to a lack of skills and references back then. :D Think about it as a "custom" version of the Banshee.

To all: I guess my price point would be at least 250 EUR (approx. 280 USD) since there was a lot of work and especially love involved. I really, really still like the model, but have no space to keep it anywhere. It's a pity, really. But I figured, I should give it to true WC fans at least (instead of selling it on ebay to random dudes).

Back