Band of Brothers: Chapter One- - Primus...

Just went over the chapter again (I take special interest in WC2-era stuff
wink.gif
). One or two more things to discuss.

1. "Snakier" - Should be "Snakeir".
2. "Heinlein" - I thought you said all the systems other than Kalla'Kar were real now?
smile.gif

A suggestion: why not say that Kalla'Kar is the Kilrathi name for the Racene System? If you look at it's position, it certainly must be a fairly important system. In fact, it's one of the three systems with jump points leading into K'tithrak Mang. What's more, it's the only jump point which is viable for Confed - Repleetah was finally lost in 2664, and judging from events in WC2, Confed has no idea where the Enigma-K'tithrak Mang jump point is. Now, they're not about to retake Repleetah, and there seems to be no time to search for the Enigma jump point (and at any rate, the Kilrathi already have a foothold in the Enigma System), so Racene fits the bill perfectly.
You could even say that this was the system from which the 'Claw jumped into K'tithrak Mang, back in late '56. If that had been the case, then the Kilrathi would have indeed done everything to block this route up afterwards, hence your little moon
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Read your damn map, Quarto! Heinlein System: Enigma Sector, Roddenberry Quadrant!
smile.gif
The quadrant's named after Eugene Wesley Roddenberry, a big name in science fiction, and so the systems, it seems, are named after other big names in science fiction: Robert A. Heinlein, Frank Herbert, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and others.

Snakeir: check.

I like your reasoning regarding Kalla'Kar. I might just fix it like that, that sounds good.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 10, 2000).]

I've checked the map again and Racene looks good. Kalla'Kar is now the Kilrathi name for Racene, and the Tiger's Claw jumped into K'tithrak Mang by means of coming through here, like you suggested. I'm still working on the D'Ger thing, but this here is all worked out. It's close enough to my original Kalla'Kar that it will work out well in the end for the Antietam.

------------------

Oh, that Heinlein System
smile.gif
. Yeah... I knew that... just testing you...
wink.gif

Get used to checking the map all the time
smile.gif
. Generally speaking, I've got PSP6 & the Map open more often than not
smile.gif

<Sighs with relief> Ok, so one chapter is WC-compatible
smile.gif
. Now if we can do that with all the other chapters you write, I can use this stuff for the WC2 novelisation
smile.gif

Score!
biggrin.gif

PSP6? What's that?
confused.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 11, 2000).]

Gah, couldn't you edit your post before I posted?
smile.gif
PSP6 is PaintShop Pro 6. It's an image-processing program. Not that you need to do any processing with the map - but it is nice to be able to zoom in and out at random, y'know?
smile.gif

Found out some background info on Spyder while flipping through the Prophecy guide at my local Borders. I've included it into the story.

Also, some news on my progress... Chapter Eight is done. Chapter Nine is under way. I've also done up a nice little synopsis for myself, which tells me what I'm going to write from beginning to end ( which just happens to be Chapter Twenty-Three!
eek.gif
).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited September 16, 2000).]

Oh, also I've included the explanation of why my Ferrets have missiles in BOB. I actually wrote that part a couple months ago, but just never fixed here at the CZ.

------------------

Hmm... did you buy the guide, or just flip through it? If you bought it, I might have to steal your brains after you read it
wink2.gif

As for the Ferrets, fair 'nuff
smile.gif
. After all, they must have gotten the idea for the D series' missile launchers from somewhere. So, maybe it was your squadron's field upgrades that inspired them
biggrin.gif

Nope, just flipped through it. I didn't have enough money. But the same exact guide's been there for at least 2 years, so I don't think it's going anywhere. But I did pick up the Confederation Handbook for ten bucks today, which has some neat information regarding Confed Marines. I could use that for my sections about Jeremy.

------------------

Back