balancing

yeah sure.
my favourite tactic was to kill all the H'riss es first, I really really hate those thick slugs. damn how often they ruined my QK sprees...and after they are history I can relative easy get QKs...

Crazy J said:
The 85-90% damage thing can be kind of difficult;l it depends on what you're flying. If you're using a Morningstar, you tend to horribly overkill a lot of fighters. Same with the Wraith - they have amazing firepower. But, if you're flying a Rapier, or even a Stilleto or Ferret, you'd have a lot more control over how much damage you can cause. But with those last two, just make sure he doesn't have a turret, because you'll probably end up getting blasted by it more than a few times and they REALLY don't have that much armor.

Sounds like you are always using full guns...when you get the damage up, you should try switching to just one set of guns preferably the weaker weapon onboard.

Yeah, in order to get the QK I would take the enemies into the red, then go after another fighter. I'd usually go after most of the Sartha and Drakhri first, however; they fire DFs like crazy, and a single hit causes major damage. If the DF hits your aft quadrant, the ABs are usually destroyed, and you're not going to survive much longer. It's kind of ironic; the light fighters are the ones that give me the most trouble.

Also, the fighters seem to have a more defensive flying style once they take major damage; moving off to a safer distance before turning around and going after you again. This became a pain near the later waves for me; I would have a 8 to 9-quick kill streak going, but when I got down to the last fighter, which had been damaged by me before, it was flying defensively like 10,000 clicks away, and I rarely would be able to reach it in time. I wish I could lure all the fighters in before starting the kill spree, but in the later waves when you've got like 12+ on you and little AB fuel, that's not a possibility.

Cardinal said:
... I'd usually go after most of the Sartha and Drakhri first, however; they fire DFs like crazy...
- and the Rapiers/Epees in the Confed gauntlet do so even more; the Epees especially like to DF me from nearly no distance :/ ...

Sure they're easy to shoot down... but if there are several of them, another one might at the same time "feed" you with one of it's DFs - which isn't very tasty...

Though I recently got the impression that if I fly an Epee, it's easier to evade the DFs.

Back