Back from the dead

Farslayer

Spaceman
Hey all, I used to be an old WC junkie way back in the day. I used to be an admin on the WC Nexxus and was ranked near the top on the ole WC trivia that Bandit and the big man CR ran. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

We need another WC game!

Old callsign: Knightwolf

Hey there,

Glad to have you. I used to be one of the top chewing gum peddlars in my high school at the start of the 80's, exchanging french cinnamon against C64 bootlegs of Brad's Tale. I was the guy who started the rumor about a 20-disk version of WC1 for the C64, and the other guy who believed in it simultanteously.
And since I'm also currently the guy who had way too much white wine, I should stop the profanattion of the past and join the humble litany: We need another WC game, we need another WC game, we need another WC game, we need another WC game, we need another WC game, we need another WC game, we need another WC game.... (etc..at infinitum)

Hold it. We need some kind of driving force first, a sparkling story idea, a concept just a little out of the ordinary, somebody who's interested, moolah, technology, and then maybe a totally different WC game. Yeah. And Peace.

i think this may have been discussed several times...

but in order to create a new WC, you'll need those who did the originals,
else it would not be thesame. from what i read in an interview with chris roberts he'd like to make another one. but as far as i know the copyrights and all that stuff rested with origin and now with EA. assuming mister roberts REALLY wanted to do this, why not just buy them up? I'd say he should have enough money and all the right people around him to form a team and do another...

anyway if one of you were to (re)create a (new) wing commander game, i might not like it, just because you make it the way you think it should be, and (probably) not the way the ones who came up with the original concepts should do it...

as far as i can tell, everyone here liked wc1 through 4, prophecy was from a different hand, this also has been seen and discussed...

not to discourage those who try, but i think creating a new game (from a storyline based upon the classics) would be a form of blasphemy.

I don't think there's any huge amount of continuity between the people who developed the games - there was certainly significantly *less* of a change in the design team between WC4 and Prophecy than there was between WC1 and 2.

Farslayer said:
Hey all, I used to be an old WC junkie way back in the day. I used to be an admin on the WC Nexxus and was ranked near the top on the ole WC trivia that Bandit and the big man CR ran. Just wanted to stop in and say hi.

We need another WC game!

Old callsign: Knightwolf

Welcome back buddy. Always nice to see some of the older vets coming back....

Back