Babylon 5

He was possibly the best character of them all, apart from Marcus. :p

Cheers,

Red Coat.

Yeah they are up there. You that Marcus was only killed off in order for Ivanova to fall for Byron in Season 5? But when Claudia left, JMS had to redo it and thought that it would be better for Lyta's poor little character. I'll dig out the quote from the scripts book a little later.

JMS states that if he knew that Claudia was leaving after Seaoson 4 he wouldn't have killed off Marcus, but at the same time that's why Marcus is put into cryofreeze if and when they find a way to bring him back. Which they do in a weird comic that JMS wrote a while ago. I forget the name of it but if you search around you can probably find a summary of it.

I wish we had some weird WC comics making beloved characters come back from apparent oblivion...

It's not actually a comic, it was one of the Babylon 5 short stories from the short-lived relaunch of Amazing Stories magazine.

It's not actually a comic, it was one of the Babylon 5 short stories from the short-lived relaunch of Amazing Stories magazine.

Heh. Knew it was something weird. I'd only encountered it from a link off the Lurker's Guide. There's a lot of B5 lore out in small stuff like that but I've never gotten that much into it to justify paying some of the prices people are asking for some of the books.

I just found out in dundradal's link that Robert Rusler (Seether) played a role in B5, as Lt. Warren Keffer, a pilot, in several episodes.

Well I just got through watching The Lost Tales, which was released today. I don't know if anyone else here has watched it yet, but if your a B5 fan I would diffently suggest picking it up.

I don't want to give any of the story away, but just to say that I thought it was very well written and really leaves you wanting more.

If you can pry yourself from Arena (which I admit is very hard;)) then I would recommend picking it up:D

Crusade should of gone one to be an exceptional series. The only problem I have with it is the awful music

Unfortunately, I disagree. I was a big Babylon 5 fan as a teenager, but I find I really don't like it as much now. To be honest, I don't know why. Crusade though I never really cared much for. For one, the technomages, whom JMS has spent so much time with in his later projects alway struck me wrongly. In addition, B5 had the *feeling* of being something like a Lord of the Rings in space (a story that has alway appealed to me), whereas Crusade lacked a real story direction.

I didn't care nearly as much for the cast of Crusade as I did for Garibaldi, Ivanova, or Franklin.

He was a recurring character in season 2 until he met an end similar to Seether's.

Does anyone mind explaining how Keffer's death is similar to Seether's death, other then the fact that they were both starfighter pilots killed while flying starfighters?

Well I just got through watching The Lost Tales, which was released today. I don't know if anyone else here has watched it yet, but if your a B5 fan I would diffently suggest picking it up.

I don't want to give any of the story away, but just to say that I thought it was very well written and really leaves you wanting more.

If you can pry yourself from Arena (which I admit is very hard;)) then I would recommend picking it up:D

I got a message from Amazon the other day saying mine had shipped so I'm just waiting for it to show up!

My copy showed up today. To be honest I wasn't really impressed by the stories. The CGI was impressive, but the story went well nowhere. It didn't do anything except show us things about characters we already knew. Lochley is a hardass and Sheridan will always try to find a better way.

Obviously an essential for any B5 fan, but as of now I'm feeling let down. I'll give it another watch later though to see if my opinion changes.

Yeah I've watched it a few times now, while it is at least better than LoR, it's nowhere as good as any of the other movies. The Lochley story is lame and if you notice you never see more than 4 or 5 people on screen at any one time. It makes the whole thing feel empty because we just see the same 3 people over and over again and in the end the resolution feels forced in order to lead into the Sheridan story.

In that half we at least get to see some great CGI and a story with a little more life. I do have to say though the exchange between Lochley and Sheridan prior to his arrival is a nice tribute to both G'Kar and Franklin. "Didn't you hear? They went exploring beyond the rim." I thought that was great. But after that it turns into the same morality tale we've seen throughout B5 and it doesn't really add anything except some timeline filler for those who care.

Yes, i knew about Andreas Katsulas (G'Kar) I feel very sad about it.

Oh man...I didn't know about Andreas :(!!!!

He and Londo CARRIED B5

Remember this great scene?

Londo: You do realize that there is very likely a fire on the other side of this door…...
G'kar: [nodding silently, earnestly]
Londo: …and that even if it does not get in here, the heat and smoke will soon make it impossible to breathe…and we will die.
G'kar: [still nodding earnestly]
Londo: The we must work…together…to find a way out.
G'kar: No.
Londo: What do you mean… 'No.'??
G'kar: [wryly and more empatically] No!
Londo: You want to live as much as I, hmm?
G'kar [laughing]: Oh, yes, but I would much rather see you dead!
Londo: Oh, I see. Well, here I am. Come on. Kill me! Come kill me!
G'kar [stands up, still laughing]: You forget the terms of our surrender! The penalty for the killing of any Centauri by any Narn will be the death of 500 Narns [furiously shouting now] including the perpetrator's own family! [softly] But I don't have to kill you. [begins laughing again] I don't have to do anything! And I still get to watch you die! [cackles, claping his hands together] I find this most appealing! [Keeps giggling, sits down again]
L: This is insane! We must work together!
G [still giggling]: No! As the Humans say, "Up yours! Die!"
L: [turning away and shouting loudly] "WE'RE DOWN HERE!!!"
G: [faintly, mockingly] "..we're almost there.."
L: [still yelling] "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!"
G: [faintly] "…I hear you…"

Later on…

*Rescuers show up and find them, still barely alive*

Londo [laughs]: There, you see! I'm going to live!
G'kar: So it would seem! Well, it is an imperfect universe!
L: Bas***d!
G: Monster!
L: Fanatic!
G: Murderer!
L: You are insane!
G: And that is why we'll win!
L: *sighs painfully* Go to Babylon 5 they said... Oh I hate my life
G: So do I...
L: SHUT UP!!!!

I had recorded almost the entire series on VHS from reruns, but I had to chuck the whole set when I moved from Alaska.

BestBuy has individual seasons on sale for $19.99 this week, so I just bought the whole series. Take advantage of it while you can.

Back