Awesome news for Secret Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic

Spaceman
Hey guys (and gals), listen up! If you still want to get a copy of Secret Ops, it's still available at secretops.com! At least the 115mb full version is. Alright!

Unable to complete download

I have tried to download from there a gazzillion times and I can only get so much then it kicks me off. It isn't at the same megabyte count each time is different. I do have the code from the site to make it work I just can't get it downloaded.

Gozzilla

Is that a website or is it a type of plug-in for your browser? I don't mean to sound stupid so please be patient.

Re: Unable to complete download

Originally posted by Michael_A
I have tried to download from there a gazzillion times and I can only get so much then it kicks me off. It isn't at the same megabyte count each time is different. I do have the code from the site to make it work I just can't get it downloaded.
Try using a program like Download Accelerator. It keeps your unfinish downloads in a seperate folder in case in fails and compile them once you complete it.
http://www.speedbit.com/

Nothing so far. But the free offer ended on October 31, 1998 and the only legal way of obtaining the full Secret Ops game is to buy Prophecy Gold. Keeping that in mind, read rule #11, and you'll understand my previous post.

No offense, but it's still on the EA server in the exact same location it was when they said it was available for download... besides, the bloody thing was free to begin with ;)
Just saying, please don't be mad with me.

Wouldn't they have deleted it? Or at least, deleted ACCESS to it? Therefore, it would be illegal as the license remains with EA, it is not public domain.

However, I think in 50 years time you could freely download it. I believe thats when copyrights on intellectual material end unless renewed (I doubt SO will be renewed in 47 or so years)

After what EA did to Origin, I don't think they'd care about a few downloads off of the old origin server!

You people do realise that only the first episode is available from Origin, right? That serves as a demo for Prophecy Gold.

Oh, and anyone who complains about me saying "you people" gets smacked.

I live in California and about nine years ago when I move here some people called me a racist because I use that term. I was describing a group of teenages to the police. I was refering to their age and not their race.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 07-12-2001 at 03:32]

Just because they don't sell a book anymore Redwolf, doesn't mean that the author didn't write it and should get credit and royalties for it.

Just because the links are no longer there, doesn't mean EA no longer has leagal appropriation of the program.

[Edited by LeHah on 07-12-2001 at 10:42]

Originally posted by redwolf
Wouldn't they have deleted it? Or at least, deleted ACCESS to it? Therefore, it would be illegal as the license remains with EA, it is not public domain.

However, I think in 50 years time you could freely download it. I believe thats when copyrights on intellectual material end unless renewed (I doubt SO will be renewed in 47 or so years)

i wonder what sort of connection we will be using by that time? FTL? or your computer downloading it before you want it :)

the "full version" available from origin does not include any of the episodes other than the first. i think full just means that it's not a demo it's a fully functioning part of the game.

and about episodes 2 and beyond, some magazines don't consider it illegal to download the game after it the free release ended.

Originally posted by BikBear
and about episodes 2 and beyond, some magazines don't consider it illegal to download the game after it the free release ended.
Big deal. Magazines' opinions don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back