autotracking problem

space_pirate

Spaceman
Hi,
I'm playing Privateer Remake v.1.1. and I have a problem with autotracking. I've bought autotracking for plasma cannons in my Centurion and it doesn't work. I've pressed the 'k' key like the manual says and the cannons still shot straight. Is this a bug, or maybe I need some special radar (I have Hunter AW Infinity)? Can anyone help?
PS. The remake kicks ass! Great work.

It should work. But you have to aim at the ITTS indicator pretty well (Have it close to the center of the screen, not more than half a screen away, roughly).
If it still doesn't work, try a Basic Repair - perhaps you have a damaged radar, that kind of damage doesn't get repaired by repairing the radar.
If still doesn't work, come here in panic, perhaps it's a bug. Or try reporting it to the 1.1 forum in sourceforge.

Do you know that you have to buy an extra autotracker for every gunspot?
When I first bought an autotracker I had one autotracker and three guns and wondered why it didn't work... I guess you can install an autotracker on a gunspot after you have installed a gun... try it;)

Ok I give up....

Where are those AI turrets in 1.1? Where can I buy them? And why can't I find a Kilrathi Capship. Been all around the right quads and I find the fighters, no cap ships.

LT Fox Fire said:
Where are those AI turrets in 1.1? Where can I buy them? And why can't I find a Kilrathi Capship. Been all around the right quads and I find the fighters, no cap ships.

The turrets are available almost everywhere in the weapons section of the upgrade dealers. As far as I know are all turrets AI turrets, you just have to press ctrl-w after you have started... there are some other orders too....

Capships are very rare in 1.1, especially kilrathi capships. I just met them when I had a bounty mission on a capship...

Back