Auto aim on Excalibur?

kazan knows Fs2 engine inside and out. What he says,goes...

Maybe some time in the future with the help of the coders...

Who knows...

fine with me.

the AI tracks like a fool anyways.

its enough to fly in a circle and it'll never think to aim along the arc. always shooting where you would be if you had gone straight...

autoaim is only good for keyboard users.

-scheherazade

I dunno about your combat style, but I'm always directly behind my enemies. :D
There aren't many Wing Commander 3 spacecrafts out there that outmanuevre the Excalibur (if any).

This is not about lazyness... In theory autoaim means the fighter doesn't have unidirectional weapons, what could be good. However I find autoaim disruptive.

The Fly << i meant the Excalibur AI. it points the guns all stupid. you hit more often if you just aim the guns yourself.

-scheherazade

Autoaim does give you a wider angle of attack... But since the AI in the Wing Commander parts doesn't turns the ship full force it's not important. I sure hope that the AI in WC Saga doesn't hold back.

Not entirely on topic, but I just wanted to say that the Excal model from the latest screenshots looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

when im in a fighter the enemy is always in front of me

"Hop into my gunsights furball!"

Maybe we'll implement autoaim at some very future time

I have to agree that the autoaim hindered more than it helped. And, honestly, if you can't line up your reticle on the ITTS, you have problems.

Back