ATTENTION!

Did I? I may have, but I really don't care that much (but it is silly... which seems kind of fitting to me, being silly myself
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you did. Must have been at the start of '99, when you were still young and naive
smile.gif

I was around before the start of '99, I was just quieter... (I really miss the WCHS... though the chatzone is still there... the old posts are up you just can't make any new ones... )

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

My policy re: warnings/bannings (doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions of other admins):

I give a warning. If the warned person cops an attitude, that's the only warning they get. Next step is banned for a month.
(A month, for the purposes of this policy, is defined as 30 days, with lifting of the ban around the same general time as the ban was initiated, within limitations of my schedule; those unbanned will be e-mailed a notice via the address they registered with. If the address bounces or isn't accurate, tough shit. Keep your f*cking addresses updated.)

If the warned person doesn't cop an attitude, and appears to be reasonable, if there's another minor infraction, they get one more warning, with a note that the next step is banned for a month. If the second 'offense' shows, to me, that the warned person was just blowing smoke in reply to the first warning, they get banned for a month, with no further warning.

If one who's been put on a temporary ban tries to evade the ban, by registering under another name/address, and I see it (whether by myself or via notification from a CZer, at which point I investigate myself), they're permanently banned. Period.

Any offenses of the same general nature as the reason for a temporary ban, after the temp ban is lifted, are grounds for immediate permanent banning, without any warning.

For those who have questions, at any time, I can be reached by e-mail(1), ICQ(2), or IRC(3), but don't abuse it(4).

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

<OL TYPE=1>
<LI> If my radparker.com address happens to bounce, I can also be reached at dannp5 (at) juno.com (fix the obvious), though I don't check that mailbox as often.
<LI> My ICQ number is in my profile, and also in the CIC ICQ number list. I accept messages from all, but require authorization to be added to others' contact lists.
<LI> Generally, I can be found there under the nick of ^Death_ , though it can be otherwise; if you don't see "Death" somewhere in the nick list, look for names with ^ and _ at the beginning and end, respectively.
<LI> "Abuse," in this case, refers to chain letters or other messages forwarded out the yin-yang, spamming for a referral service like AllAdvantage and its competitors, flaming, or mailbombs. Spam and mailbombs sent to me will be reported to your provider(s) for the purpose of getting your account(s) nuked.
</OL>

Have a nice day.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 26, 2000).]

Just a quick note in relation to Death's message. Evading bans is one of those things frowned upon by ALL Admin and Mods. Do that, and you might as well forget this chat zone ever existed - because as far as you're concerned, it's off limits.

Incidentally, the same goes for other attempts to circumvent us (eg. reposting a deleted post, changing back a post that was edited by us, etc.). In my book (but probably only in my book
smile.gif
), these do not constitute a permanently bannable offence. But you will get -at the least- the usual temporary ban treatment
smile.gif

No more trompin' around as No Remorse then I suppose...

------------------
The time is near.
There are 339 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

First off, remember my post was just my opinions on the subject. I don't speak for the other admins/moderators (though given their relative silence in comparison to my own posting frequency I can understand the reasoning).

Having said the above, speaking with LOAF and several other admin-types on IRC about 10 minutes ago, we the administrative staff don't see any reason for the ban options to be more granular than '30 days' or 'permanent.' In addition to making the choices simple for us, a limited set of options rather undercuts the possibility of accusations of favoritism.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Back