ATTENTION!

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Over the last few days, we here at the CIC have been busy, working on a new set of Rules & Regs for the CZone. _This_ is it. This is most definitely official, has the approval of every CIC Staff member and Moderator. It will soon replace the old set, which you may find in the Register page.

Yes, you do have to obey these, effective as of right now.

------------------------------------------------

1) The word of an administrator or moderator, in reference to the rules of this chat zone, is final. Also, if you think another user is breaking the rules, do _not_ flame or harass him/her. Let the moderators do their job.

2) If you think a subject you're posting is controversial (eg. Blair's death), think twice before posting it. While a good debate is to be enjoyed, some subjects have been debated to the death.

3) Due to the near-certainty of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames/discord, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically banned.

4) Do not post messages specifically for the purpose of plugging a site. On the other hand, references to web sites directly related to the discussion in the thread, or URLs in signatures, are allowed.

5) Since there are different people of different tastes and points of view, let's just say our opinions in a nice way and respect the others' reasonable opinions. Flames or other outright abusive language is not tolerated.

6) Talking about other subjects, even other space combat games, that are not directly related to WC is not the best idea. Proceed with caution.

7) When creating or modifying a signature, please keep them short (4 lines or less, in line with usenet netiquette).

8) The CIC reserves the right to close/remove any post/thread that is considered inappropriate.

9) If you believe that the CIC staff have made a mistake in regard to (8), you are allowed to protest. However, this is NOT to be done _on_ the board. You should use E-Mail, ICQ, or IRC. Any messages posted on the 'Zone for this purpose will be deleted, and the person responsible may, at the CIC's discretion, be banned.

10) Please be aware of the fact that the CIC is limited in bandwidth & server space, and try to be sensible with your posts. Which is not to say that you are to be serious 100% of the time - but there are limits on "silly" posts.

Disclaimer:
The CIC Staff reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever other information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Finally, note that while the CIC Staff do check your posts, this is a manual process and as such, can take time. As such, you remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CIC, Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc. - the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Well, no reaction so far. I'll just bring this back up to the top of the thread list then
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The new rules have been posted to the registration page, and are in full effect.

Play nice, and we don't break your fingers.
wink.gif
<j/k... maybe>

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I'm fine with the rules. Just so long as Moder. and Admin. are willing to lead by example and follow along by the same guidlines.

Thank you,
Azrial

...his energetic fist should be ready to resist a dictatorial word...
HAHA just kidding boys the rules are fine so long as we don't live in tyranny.
smile.gif

I'm cool with the rules. If I say anything stupid or inappropriate please alert me because you will not be able to break my fingers, not unless I'm sleeping and you break them but otherwise, no finger breaking.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

They sound OK, not realy hard to follow them unles you're a complete moron.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I was here, and it wasn't that bad.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

You would have lost them anyhow when the board died.

------------------
Gen. Patton

Lucky you. I only have limited internet access
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited January 25, 2000).]

I've been too busy to post that much...

Not many people broke rules... there were just a couple of trouble-makers... That can be as bad as a bunch of people doing little things. Out of curiousity, how many (if any) warnings do people get?

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I can only speak for myself on this subject...
Personally, I don't want to get anyone banned (but don't think that it won't happen - you will get what you deserve). That means that I'll probably be willing to give people a few warnings at least. But only as long as they heed them. If somebody completely ignores what I say (when I'm speaking as Moderator, that is), he _will_ regret it.
But like I said, that's just me. Some of us may be less tolerant.

What it all comes down to though, is that these rules are simply common sense. They are not here to give Admin and Mods additional power. They are not here to give us an excuse to ban people at will. They ARE here to make sure that we all can enjoy ourselves here. Thus, as long as behave sensibly, you probably won't even realise that there are Moderators and Administrators around. Certainly, we do not expect you to pay homage to us. Contrary to popular belief, we also do not, nor have we ever expected people to agree with us merely because of our rank.

So, that's pretty much it. Be good
smile.gif

<TC bows before the might of the great QUARTO >
smile.gif
Oh wait... NOT WORSHIP.... ok, sorry...
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Be careful what you say, TC, lest I decide to reveal the true meaning of your name...
smile.gif

Oh, but I disagree. You were foolish enough to disclose it last year, during one of those "What does your callsign mean" threads... Unfortunately for you, I happened to remember it... Perhaps because it was so silly.
smile.gif

Back