Asteroid Fighters?

drunkanvil63

Spaceman
Okay so I flew to Tri Pahk to checkout the Kilrathi's weapon cache and buy some Dralthis to see how they fly and ran into some Asteroid fighters. They seemed to be exceptionally tough (in fact I ended up running away). I was wondering what others experiences have been with these. In past games, (WC4 i don't remember for sure) they were quite weak.

It was a bit hard to be sure how tough they were because since the new asteroids have been put in my in asteroid combat has been really slow and jumpy. I was also wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

-Carl

The asteroid fighters are "K'ha'haf-class".

They're from Wing Commander III, and they were indeed very tough to kill -- they had extremely heavy armor and dropped mines all over the place during dogfights.

Yeah I remember them being tough, but have you tried to kill one in WCU? I sat behind on at 1500m for a good 15sec blasting one with four fusion guns.

Carl

I haven't, but that certainly sounds right -- the civilian ships in Gemini are toys compared to the military hardware that's fighting the war on the front lines.

Ok granted, but I continued to fight it for 3-4 minutes and still couldn't kill it. If this is hoe it's supposed to be thenthey seem to be about as tough as a Kamekh

The asteroid fighter in WCU right now has wimpy shields, HELLUVA TOUGH armor </mr.t> and not that great weapons. It also looks different from the WC3 asteroid fighter (although obviously it fulfills the same role) because I wanted to try a different design. Try flying one :)

You can't buy them -- edit your savegame if you want to fly this or that ship. Antimatter guns (and the Moonstone Cannon) are built into the keels of large ships and cannot be bought at a dealer -- you WILL be eable to buy a capship with an AMG in the game though.

Back