Asteroid field is slooooow

drencrom

Spaceman
I'm playing the prologue missions, and every time the asteroid field is on the screen, it is slooooow. The effect is like a rocket sled hitting a wall of Jell-o. Pursuing pirate fighter...the asteroid belt crosses my screen...lost him. The game runs fine when the asteroid field is not on the screen. How do I adjust the detail settings to fix this?

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Your computer can't handle our asteroids. I'll put together a quick "hackish" fix. Standby.

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
I'm playing the prologue missions, and every time the asteroid field is on the screen, it is slooooow. The effect is like a rocket sled hitting a wall of Jell-o. Pursuing pirate fighter...the asteroid belt crosses my screen...lost him. The game runs fine when the asteroid field is not on the screen. How do I adjust the detail settings to fix this?
Try either the second or the third option.

drencrom

Spaceman
Well, this laptop is a few years old but I'm still between the "recommended" and "minimum" system specs. The only points I fail are 3 gigs of ram instead of 4. and 256M Radeon instead of 512M.

Thanks for the fix.

drencrom

Spaceman
Well, I'm past the second mission where the asteroid field is a big factor. Now I'm on the fifth mission where I have to use up all my missiles on the torpedoes and have to figure out how to stop a destroyer with a peashooter. Will try it when there's another mission with lots of asteroids.

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
Well, I'm past the second mission where the asteroid field is a big factor. Now I'm on the fifth mission where I have to use up all my missiles on the torpedoes and have to figure out how to stop a destroyer with a peashooter. Will try it when there's another mission with lots of asteroids.
Fly inside the shields and kill the missile launcher.

capi3101

Rear Admiral
Gonna have to remember those links myself...I'm also running a low-end machine just above the minimum. Haven't had problems with roids yet, but landing on the Wellington was a bit hairy after the first mission.

GBOOM

Petty Officer
Try either the second or the third option.
Used the asteroid file. Works a lot better. Makes the mission playable, but I still get some slowdowns/choppiness anytime there are asteroids or capships in my field of view. My system is pretty light, admittedly. Tolwyn, you also recommended turning off OpenGL Shading Language, but I don't know how to do that with the full Saga release. Any suggestions?

Also, If I've got the full Saga release, I don't need the old Prologue release, do I?

Aginor

Vice Admiral
Nope, the full Saga release has a improved version of the Prologue included. You can pick that campaign in the campaign menu.