Articles of the Confederation

Chris Blair

Spaceman
I know this is silly but does anyone have the Articles of the Confederation and how important were they? They kept on talking about them in the WC4 book.

well, i don't have them, but they were kinda like the constitution of confed. they were talked about in WC4 cause the BW never signed them and so the BW technically were never a part of confed so confed didn't have any jurisdiction in BW space. but Paulson said that the BW didn't have to sign them since they used confed property, had BW people in confed military, etc, so it was kinda like a common law marriage. you don't have to sign the papers to be married, all you have to do is act like it. and that's all i know about the articles

Originally posted by Chris Blair
Blair said that the BW were off-shoots of Confed colonys and they didn't have to sign because they were already members.

Actually, Blair was arguing that the Articles were important and, since they hadn't signed them, they weren't bound by them. You're thinking of what Paulsen said, as Aries just mentioned.

Actually, Quebec was invited to join in the Revolution, but refused (at the time, there wasn't much of Canada settled by the British other than Quebec).

Quebec was established by the French, but all French territory in North America was ceded to the British in the Seven Years' War (Napoleon later won back the Louisiana territory, and immediately decided to get some cash for it by selling it to the United States instead of taking the risk that the British would take it back). Thus, at the time of the American Revolution, Quebec was part of British territory.

Back