Armchair Quarterbacking

To my knowledge, Hitler declared war on the US because it was in the terms of the treaty Germany had with Japan of mutial assistance. So with Japan going to war against the US, Germany was obliged to follow suit.

Wow, this started as game and ended in WW2. If we had given way, California would be speaking Japanese and East Coast would be speaking German. What is the point of this argument anyway? We havent won/resolved an activity/war since then. Korea = standoff to this day. USS Pueblo. Viet Nam = loss of will and then loss of war. Iraq1 = loss of will and then loss of war. Iraq2 and Afgan1 = loss of will and loss of war on 2 fronts coming soon. I can rank on this since I was in Afgan from 2002-2006. Finally, remember the famous quote: "Americans can forgive a foreign enemy within 10 years, but can never forgive themselves" The North and South in the US is still more divisive than any war.

As for the question, I saw Tolwyn going bad in WC2 at the end. When the carrier is sticking out of a hole in WC3 at the beginning, I kind of knew it. His actions thru 3 kind of confirmed it. In WC4, I hated him from the start. That is why they had the option to have Maniac let him go. Evil fuck all along.

Wow, this started as game and ended in WW2. If we had given way, California would be speaking Japanese and East Coast would be speaking German.

You've read 'The Man in the High Castle' then I take it :)

I wasn't really following the argument that closely, but when someone uses a historical precedent to back up their argument or destroy someone elses, if the fact is in error, I feel it should be pointed out :)

Having said that, it's going to turn out that it's me that's wrong now, isn't it! haha

Wow, this started as game and ended in WW2. If we had given way, California would be speaking Japanese and East Coast would be speaking German. What is the point of this argument anyway? We havent won/resolved an activity/war since then. Korea = standoff to this day. USS Pueblo. Viet Nam = loss of will and then loss of war. Iraq1 = loss of will and then loss of war. Iraq2 and Afgan1 = loss of will and loss of war on 2 fronts coming soon. I can rank on this since I was in Afgan from 2002-2006. Finally, remember the famous quote: "Americans can forgive a foreign enemy within 10 years, but can never forgive themselves" The North and South in the US is still more divisive than any war.

Wow, I think that is one of the least educated points I have heard in a while. How was iraq war 1 loss of will and loss of war. The united nations forces completed their objectives and stopped the offensive the goal was never to occupy iraq.
-Iraq 2 and afganistan 1 are still up in the open and really no point in debating them on this board.
-Your also forgetting Grenada and Panama. Not large conflicts but never the less successfull operations that completely acheived their objectives.
-Also the longest war of wills we have participated in was the Cold war. We won and lost various proxy wars during this period but in the end the United States and her Allies emerged the clear victor.
There were a lot of minor conflicts and operations that the United States participated in since WW2 and none of them except the Cold War could be considered nation threatening. When the United States is threatened with something as great as that we have stepped up to the plate and done our part....never alone and always with support of key allies.

Protip: when someone starts ranting about the Iraq war in a thread about Wing Commander III they're most likely just trolling.

Armchair:

I think putting Blair on the sidelines for all those years!

If Blair had THAT high of a kill count over just a few years at the start of his career, then Enigma, and the conclusion of the war, and was basically just collecting dust for 10 years, imagine how high it COULD have been!

Maniac brags about his legendary kill score, but Maniac wasn't flying off a ISS space station for 10 years =)

Armchair:

I think putting Blair on the sidelines for all those years!

If Blair had THAT high of a kill count over just a few years at the start of his career, then Enigma, and the conclusion of the war, and was basically just collecting dust for 10 years, imagine how high it COULD have been!

Maniac brags about his legendary kill score, but Maniac wasn't flying off a ISS space station for 10 years =)

In that 10 years, methinks the Kilrathi wouldn't have been able to produce fighters as fast as Blair could shoot them down.. :)

It is foolish to think that mainland US could be taken in WWII considering how galvanized we became after Pearl Harbor. Also the propaganda regarding Hitler's world domination plans are rather far fetched. He didn't seem to have the stomach to take out England when he had the chance. In fact, he originally wanted a German, Italian and British Empire alliance.

While I don't agree with Hitler's domination of Europe nor his genocidal ideas, I think we were on the wrong side with regards to the Union, which was run by one of the most evil humans that has ever lived. What I don't get, though, is why did so many (especially US and British leaders) hate the Germans so much as to mass slaughter them like we did. Firebombing to break the will of a people who were already pretty defeated seems stupid to me. Especially since there were only a few that really needed to be killed after 1943 to end it....Hitler, Himmler and some of the SS. Firebomb the wolf's lair (which wouldn't be too difficult to find with the help of German officers already trying to kill Hitler...yikes how does somebody survive 15 assassination attempts is beyond me) and the war's over.

As far as using WWII to make comparisons to WC, it should be noted that humans don't change that much and history has a tendency to repeat itself time and again. Situations may change, backgrounds, environs and even cultural standards change, but people traditionally don't even after millenia.

While I don't agree with Hitler's domination of Europe nor his genocidal ideas, I think we were on the wrong side with regards to the Union, which was run by one of the most evil humans that has ever lived.
Eh, now you're exaggerating. Sure, Lincoln was bad, but one of the most evil humans ever? :p

Hmmm....I thought I was pretty clear that I was talking about the Soviets...and Stalin.

Even so, I find your logic flawed. Many Germans didnt agree with Adolf Hitler, but you don't gain that kind of power legally (and he was elected legally, he didn't overthrow anyone.) without the help of the people. The majority of the people did support him willingly.

Back