Armamant

Ijuin

Admiral
I was wondering what weaponry the Gladius and Talon would be sporting in Standoff, since it is not listed on the Standoff web page.

Talons have 4 HS missiles, IIRC. Guns are two mass drivers and a particle cannon.

Gladii come in 2 HS + 2 Torp and 4 HS + 1 IFF (I think) variants. Guns are two lasers and two particle cannons.

Watch them Talons. They're bad news when you're cruising around in a Stiletto! Even if you're good, they gang up on you with devastating effects.

Wow, the talon sounds rather nastier than its Priv counterpart. The particle cannon with 2 mass drivers sounds pretty good by the standards of Standoff. Plus anything with 4 HS missiles sounds like bad news when you're in a craft with shields and armour as waffer thin as the stilleto.

Hehe, this is going to be fun.

Any AI that can make them do other maneuvers than "run away from player´s firing range, turn around and head straight for player, shooting" is better than Privateer AI :D

Priv's AI really came into its own with the retros. I'm not entirely sure what the point of taking one shot then flying around you was. It wasn't even as if they were trying to stay on your tail. Bless 'em.

they were just like damn bugs that land on you try to bite, you swat them away and 5 seconds later they're buzzing around your damn head again

I wish WCP AI was better (or at least could be improved by us) but yeah, Overmortal's right - Talons are bad news when you're in a Stiletto.

It should be noted that 2 mass drivers and a particle cannon are the same armament the Talon is supposed to be carrying in Privateer anyway.

Back