Armada's addon...

Hero

Spaceman
Just wandering, what is the Armada addon? What's *new* about it and what are ALL the details?

------------------
Evilution!

There's an add-on for Armada? Is it fan made or official?

--------------
You might be a redneck if...Your boat has not left the driveway in 15 years.

The Armada addon is a free download called Proving Grounds which includes new multiplayer features, and allows play over the IPX protocol.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

Where can you cet it?

-----------
You might be a redneck if...Your front porch collapses and kills more than three dogs.

I can't quite remember where, since it has been a while since I've downloaded it, but I know it's somewhere at the Origin web site (but then, where else would it be
smile.gif
?). There's probably also a link to it from the CIC's Files page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! So all I need to do now is try to make my Armada to work (but that's another thing...).
Thanks!
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

A few notes about Proving Ground (since I seem to be one of the only six people who actually played it
wink.gif
).

It added some fricking cool new stuff. The *BEST* WC asteroids ever were in proving grounds -- it had little ones, medium ones and huge-ones. You could hide behind them and be obscured from radar.

It had a mode of play where you collected new weapons and shield upgrades as you fought another ship in a deathmatch. There was some nifty new stuff like an anti-cloaking weapon, too.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Thanks LOAF, that's pretty much what I wanted to know
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

LOAF: I played it. 'Twas great fun to play on my school's network. Too bad most of the other players were newbies
wink.gif

I didn't play it, but I saw others with it. I didn't have a computer at the time. There were some of the best specator matches I have ever seen.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

Ah, the memories. I remember this one game where I underestimated my opponent (never, ever do that
smile.gif
). Got half of my Jrathek blown off before I even realised what was going on.
Then I got my act together. I didn't get any more damage during that game... But my opponent certainly did
smile.gif
. The spectators were pretty surprised (but quite overjoyed... Nobody liked that other guy
wink.gif
) when my foe finally exploded.

Then you got up banged your chest and shouted:"I am Quarto! King of all WC Armada! Hear me roar! Fear my wrath!"

right?
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are 341 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No, I sorta rushed out of the room, got myself a drink, and then ran off.

I was late for class
wink.gif

so how does a non computer programmer get those old dos games to play it's not like I have all the time in the world to work with it.

He goes to the Tech Support BB and asks for help?

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Don't you think it was a little obvious? Anyhow, it is a good idea because the Earthworm is always right.
wink.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Obvious to us it may be, but some people seem to think the General CZone is a cure-all.
smile.gif

Back