ArmadaCD on Pentium 133: MYJEMM problems

Janet Noslen

Spaceman
Hi there, any help?

I am running Windows 98 on a a Pentium133 I use for older games. I can run every WC game on it.

This includes running Privateer in DOSbox using MYJEMM. - pleasant surprise that.

But when I try to use MYJEMM for Armada it says "Can't load vjemm.vxd"

what now? What is vjemm?

I have never played Armada, and now I finally got my hands on it, I can't wait any more. any ideas?:(

If you do have a new(er) PC Armada runs well in dosbox *and* it allows you to play multiplayer over the internet

thanks for the idea, but I have pretty much the same issues:
In Dosbox 0.63, its says "EMS driver is not VCPI compliant"

and so when I use MYJEMM, it says "Windows 95/98/ME required"

maybe I should just try not using MYJEMM in Dos box

anyother ideas? thanks

I am running Windows 98 on a a Pentium133 I use for older games. I can run every WC game on it.

This includes running Privateer in DOSbox using MYJEMM. - pleasant surprise that.

DOSBox and MyJEMM are separate things. DOSBox creates a virtual DOS environment and MyJEMM overcomes the memory manager conflict that prevented the game from running normally in Windows 95/98. I'm curious what it is you're doing, since only one of the two is necessary and I'm not sure how the two would be used together.

But when I try to use MYJEMM for Armada it says "Can't load vjemm.vxd"

what now? What is vjemm?

I have never played Armada, and now I finally got my hands on it, I can't wait any more. any ideas?:(

What version of MyJEMM are you using? 1.4 is the latest. vjemm.vxd is included in the version 1.4 zip.

----------

Edit:

thanks for the idea, but I have pretty much the same issues:
In Dosbox 0.63, its says "EMS driver is not VCPI compliant"

In DOSBox 0.63, you need to set EMS=false in dosbox.conf in order for Privateer or Armada to run. 0.63 is really old though. This is not necessary in version 0.65 or 0.70. Instructions for running all DOS WC games are included in our Tech Support section: https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml

and so when I use MYJEMM, it says "Windows 95/98/ME required"

maybe I should just try not using MYJEMM in Dos box

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about above. The two don't work together at all. MyJEMM is strictly designed to run Privateer/Armada/Strike Commander directly within Windows 95, 98 and ME. DOSBox creates a virtual DOS environment, so MyJEMM is unnecessary and incompatible with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys,

Before I got mixed up, I meant not that I was using Dosbox (though I have used it before) I simply meant opening a Dos window.

But I did try my old Dos emulator, as well. But I was trying to use myjemm... silly idea...;)

Anyway thanks ChrisReid for the info, I did exactly that, and it overcame the problems I was having!

I can play Armada now! :D I am so happy, as this is the only WC game I have never owned. Hooray!

Back