Armada trouble

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
howdy all,so I just got Armada and tried running it (using myjemm then just going into dos and trying) and it'll run in DOS but I cant use the keyboard or mouse (didnt expect to use the mouse, but the keyboard was a surprise) and when i restart my comp it starts running Armada so I cant get back to windows(98se). can I get some help for this please? its really scaring me since i have all my stuff on it and I would hate to lose all of it (almost 6 years of work and savegames).

EDIT: If someone could just get the keyboard working, I can get it to work and exit and actually get into windows again

Fascinating, truely fascinating problem. I assume you already ruled out a harware problem with your keyboard? Does it work in BIOS?
If it does I'd create a Win98 bootdisk (or even a DOS one). Boot up your machine. PRAY that the keyboard works with it. Open autoexec.bat and remove the line that starts armada. Then remove the disk and restart the PC. It should boot DOS one last time and then go back to Win98.

Ive tried making a bootdisk from my moms comp (I have my own comp) but it didnt work. it said the disk was damaged so Im gonna go into town and buy some more. the keyboard doesnt work in armada, but it does in the setup thing that you can get into if you press Del during startup. how do I make a DOS startup disk? could I do that on my own comp in its current state? as soon as I get the disks, I'll try your suggestion.

If you cannot type anything, making a bootdisk sounds kinda like an impossible task.
If you have any DOS install disks that will work however. Just STOP the install at the soonest possible point and then use edit to edit the file.

howdy, sorry I havent responded in a while, I had my computer taken in to get it repaired so now the problem is solved. but those bastards, along with getting everything to work, took off every WC game I have on here, including every savegame for the past 7 years. well, guess I'll be logging some flying time...

EDIT: still cant run armada though :( when I try running MyJemm it says
PRCD.EXE: can't find program
usage MYJEMM [-u] [-s] [prog [args]]
To play WC:privateer:...

running it in DOS is a definate no, so this is the only way. I'll try DOSBOX after dinner though

I installed the Armada patch and ran MyJEMM again and this error came up:

'Memory: Original Current Used
'NEAR 0 26086 -26086
'FAR 0 397068 -397068
'HIGH 0 2784576 -2784576

Error#1910
Filename:...\...\Data\Mouse.shp
Length=0
Position=0
Mode=READ
Program halted by code
MyJEMM Version 0.1.14