Armada Sequel

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I think we should create a game that lets you chose a time period, your carrier and your ship and lets you make fully customizable missions like WC Armada but with more ships, a better storyline and better graphics

Yeah.. I would think our modding community could do an Academy style game pretty well. I'd put a lot of faith in them to translate a whole lot of ships and do so quite accurately.

Well it seams you are talking about Wing Commander Saga ^__^
When we are finished you will have the ships from WC1-4 and a mission editor...sound quite the thing you discribed.

PS: The mission editor is quite simple..drag&drop. Ok there are some special thing you should have in mind, but you can quite easly build missions like the WC Academy ones.

gevatter Lars said:
Well it seams you are talking about Wing Commander Saga ^__^
When we are finished you will have the ships from WC1-4 and a mission editor...sound quite the thing you discribed.

You need Freespace 2 for that though, right? It's open source right? But you can't just go and download a working thing, can you? Something like Standoff is neato because it works off the free Secret Ops package.

@ChrisReid

The full version of FreeSpace 2 is downloadable at www.the-u n d e r d o g s.org ( u n d e r d o g s is one word without the spaces...but the board don't let me post it)
Its free and legal to get it there!
We are also testing if its possible to run WC:Saga with just the Demo of FreeSpace2.
Then you only need the Demo and the WC:Saga files...like Secret Ops + WC:UE.
Only thing is that the Demo is without the mission designer, but Secret Ops has also no mission designer.

See you will get 2 Games in 1 ^__^ Freespace 2 and WC Saga.

You know, if the board doesn't let you post a link, it's very likely that the CIC staff don't actually want you to post the link in question :p.

Why the bellyachin'?...

After all this time, I'd think getting FS2 legally at your local computer store discount rack would be a fairly small matter, and likely an equally small inve$tment...

I got mine 2-3 years ago for like, what, $10 or so?...

Not if none of your local computer stores have it (me) and/or your religion specifically prohibits ordering things over the Internet (Ghost)

Back