Armada not running

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
howdy all, I got Armada off of Ebay (the floppy disk version) and I tried installing it and got to disk 5 when this error message came up:

**** DOS ERROR ****
Read Fault
on drive A
If you have a CD ROM drive, try running again
by rebooting and typing 'INSTALL -a"
Press any key to retry...

Im running win98SE, 128megs RAM, GenuineIntel Pentium(r) Processor. I dunno where to find the autoexec or config.sys files so I cant post them( until someone tells me where they are of course) so can anyone help?

EDIT: I just tried running it with myjemm without installing but taking all the files off of the disks and it says it cant find armada.exe. can someone send me this file? I can show you the ebay auction that I won if you need proof. I dont have a scanner so I cant scan it in.

ok so Im going away for the next 3 weeks( starting friday night) for my cadet camp(I get paid to go to a military camp and learn how to be a better leader!!!) so I probably wont have access to a comp until august 1st so dont think Im being rude or anything by not posting anything about any possible fixes that my come up. but please, please, please post some possible fixes so I have something to read and do when I get back. thx all

Iceman 16

If a file is missing or corrupt on an old floppy, you probably need to replace it from someone else's copy.

If it is just armada.exe you are missing simply get the armada patch . It has a new executable that enables mission passwords. Breaks joystick support for me however.

ok, I'll try that. I just got armada on wednesday so it mustve been busted before. damn ebay cheaters, selling broken games lol

k I tried it, didnt work. heres the error message that comes up:
Memory: Original Current Used
'NEAR 0 20610 -20610
'FAR 0 397276 -397276
'HIGH 0 2784476

Error # 1910
Filename=..\..\DATA\mouse.SHP
Length=0
Position=0
Mode=READ
Program halted by code.
MyJEMM Version 0.0.14
Bt Ross Ridge, Public Domain

so whats this mean and how can I fix it?

so im back from camp now, and I rushed onto the comptuer to check out any solutions for my problem with armada, and, well, I was kinda dissapointed that no one had posted anything for the past 3 weeks. so, can anyone help me with this problem with armada?

make sure you turned EMS support off, run dosbox, but don´t just run "armada.exe" but "loadfix -65 armada.exe" like:

c:\cd armada <return>
c:\armada\loadfix -65 armada

ok well Ive ordered the cd version of armada offa ebay now since I hear it is better than the floppy version( obviosuly since theres much more room to put bigger and better stuff in) so hopefully the cd version wilol work better than the floppy version. k thx cya

Iceman16

Its in the first paragraph of the description:
' NOMAD: 1 cd, copyrighted 1994 by Origin Systems Inc., Operating system required: unknown.'

It has the same description as Armada, just a different name

Contact the person offering it before you buy would be my reccomendation, and if you need more info on Armada to use with them, I'm sure someone here can help.

The description being off like that's probably a good reason to check with them anyway.

Back