Armada isssus with WinXP

Viper61

Spaceman
I have a slew of problems with XP so I'm gonna place each one in a different post to avoid confusion. I have a P4 running WinXP, with a Geforce 3 graphics card and a SBLive! sound card.

I have the Armada CD and I've installed it. I've changed the compatibility of the program to everything imaginable and I've changed the EMS memory to automatic and a few other settings. I've put my SBLive card to no acceleration and attempted to run it but I keep getting the same error. When I click on the executable, it brings up the DOS screen and says "EMS driver is not UCPI compliant". Any Thoughts anyone? Thanks

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
I have the Armada CD and I've installed it. I've changed the compatibility of the program to everything imaginable and I've changed the EMS memory to automatic and a few other settings. I've put my SBLive card to no acceleration and attempted to run it but I keep getting the same error. When I click on the executable, it brings up the DOS screen and says "EMS driver is not UCPI compliant". Any Thoughts anyone? Thanks
C-ya

Armada cannot be run in any flavour of Windows, period.
You have to boot to DOS (can be done via a shortcut in Win9x, no idea about XP).

Re: Re: Armada isssus with WinXP

Originally posted by cff

Armada cannot be run in any flavour of Windows, period.
You have to boot to DOS (can be done via a shortcut in Win9x, no idea about XP).

XP needs a bootdisk, and you'll have somewhat interesting difficulties if you're using a filesystem other than FAT16 or FAT32 because DOS won't be able to see the hard drive.

Back