Are all the mods and campaigns for saga dead?

Mindcrime

Commodore
I noticed there seems to be a definite halt on all of these campaigns that started as soon as the source code for saga was released. I am very hungry for more campaigns as I'm sure many others are as well. I do understand that LIFE gets in the way of these fan made projects being made. However if anyone has any news on any of these campaigns I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS WING COMMANDERS AND THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER WORKED ON THESE GAMES.

Not quite dead yet, at least my Kilrathi mod. But going very slowly. Like a turtle on codeine.

And since you asked, here is an update on my status:
I have most of the story finished now, and proofread. I will try to write the rest soon. It is all there in my head, but it is sometimes hard for me to concentrate and really write a whole chapter.
The missions are mostly complete, with a few dialogues missing, and perhaps some testing and balancing.
Concerning models, scripts and so on my mod is feature complete.
I am missing some pieces of art, the minimum being a Kilrathi player portrait (or even just a WC3 style helmet to put there). The rest is optional. I wanted to do a cool main hall like Saga has, but I suck at 3D art, and both of the guys that wanted to help me aren't anwering my emails anymore.

So while my mod is pretty far in development it lacks the final touches. I couldn't motivate anybody to help me out with it (except capi who did the proofreading). It is hard to create such a thing without somebody who kicks you in the butt sometimes, giving you a nudge forward.

So yeah, that's my status. :)
I don't have a clue about the others though. Haven't heard from some of the guys in quite a while.

Thank you for your detailed report. It seems you are getting close. Dont stop now!! I wish i could offer more help however the only thing i have a skill for is voice acting and I have pro gear and pro tools to record it on. If you need any voice work being done please let me know. Aka "cover me!" "Attack my target!" U know? All that good stuff. :). Heres my email if u want my help for that.
Sadpolar7@gmail.com
I WILL answer emails.

Thanks for the offer, I will prepare some stuff during the next few days, maybe I have something you could help me with.
And thanks for the front page post, ChrisReid, I appreciate that!

Also I just noticed I forgot to mention Wojo's great contribution to my mod. I can't show it yet but it is awesome. :)

I'm still available for more voice work if you need it. Last time I tried to do a Kilrathi in Audacity I got something pretty close to the way they sound in WC3 - with that background "lion gurgle". Not sure if I could do it again or not...wish I'd written down the instructions.

I'm actually not sure yet to which extent there will be voiceovers in the mod.
They are great, but they are lots of work.
I don't have as many in-mission dialogues as the original Saga campaign, so as soon as those dialogues are finished (I hope soon) I will decide whether I will have voiceovers for them or not. We'll see. I have to divide the work in smaller parts so I can do them one piece at a time.

come on guys! anyone wanna give a helping hand? he can use the help, i just wish i could help. If you need any mission design help i suppose i could help you on that as well. I'm sorry I wish I could help more.

Thanks for the offer, I will prepare some stuff during the next few days, maybe I have something you could help me with.
And thanks for the front page post, ChrisReid, I appreciate that!

No problem... glad to see the project starting up again!

Yep. Still going. (wc movie mod - here's the thread if you need reminding)
https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/pilgrim-legacy-wip-lotsa-images-yo.27514/#post-388976

But yes, much life in the way. I am not as far along as Aginor - and I was only planning to release a mini-campaign of about 6 missions to start. That was assuming I could find someone to help me out with writing missions too.

When you look at current-gen tools for making games, the fatigue about the workflow of the fs2 engine really sets in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm still alive and kicking... A little bit of work done lately to boot!

I'm considering working up a ship pack to release - just let the community play around with missions. I did have a whole campaign story roughed out, and it's a shame I won't see it realised the way I want, but I just don't see any way I am ever going to have time to get all that done.

The level of finish on the ships also will suffer - once again I'm reluctant to go to town and extend the deadline any further. If I get them all in-game, working correctly, flying the way I want, and an acceptable level of arty shinyness that'll be a win for me.

I'm sure people would enjoy even the ship pack! WC Movie assets are really underutilized in mods.

By 'under utilised' you mean 'nonexistent'?

At this stage I only have the Bengal, Broadsword, Rapier & Errant (i.e. Diligent). Plus my own designs. I had planned on doing all the ships of the line (Concordia etc. etc.) and was working on other designs for older Confed fighters in the fiction canon (Hurricane, Wildcat). I had some great concepts for the Wildcat - something I would like to do as a bit of a coda to the release.

There was also a great piece of concept art that I wanted to work from:

WCMArtBook27.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
By 'under utilised' you mean 'nonexistent'?
Oh, I wouldn't go quite that far... but close :). We used the Errant from the Movie in Standoff, and of course we stole some Movie footage for the Episode 5 intro. But other than that... yeah, non-existent :). The only other Movie-related item available is the Rapier that Eder released for Secret Ops once upon a time for the CIC's birthday.

Oh, I wouldn't go quite that far... but close :). We used the Errant from the Movie in Standoff, and of course we stole some Movie footage for the Episode 5 intro. But other than that... yeah, non-existent :). The only other Movie-related item available is the Rapier that Eder released for Secret Ops once upon a time for the CIC's birthday.

Oh right I remember that now! You know, seeing the Errant in Standoff kind of kick-started me into getting into this whole thing...

So it's your fault ;)

Back