Apology

Fyer2001

Spaceman
I did not realize that I was doing anything wrong much less illegal on the board. As for giving my source of the game I admit that was careless. I was merely trying to say that indeed it was not my game and I was concerned about whether or not the problem was due to my computer or the game itself. I have only recently discovered this new term abandonware, and I did not know it was illegal. I also thought that it was only games that were protected by the IDSA that were illegal even though I really don't understand what that organization is. I would appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me before I do anything else stupid. As for my interest in Wing Commander games I have only played them up to Wing commander 2 (which was my first game and a legitament version) and would like to be able to play Wing commander 3 but I cannot find it in any stores (or on the Internet for that matter). I do not use e-bay because I am untrustful of the service. I'm sorry for doing anything wrong or caused any problems.
Sincerely,
Fyer 2001

Ebay & WC

I've just come back to playing WC & have found & purchased all the WC games from Ebay, although not living in the USA.

I have never had any problems with Ebay purchases & you will find that most of the sellers of WC items are WC fans or shops who seem to be trustworthy & have lots of 'feedback' from past clients.

I think the IDSA pretty much represent the interests of gaming companies that are members to their organization. They try to put a stop to the pirating and illegal distribution of games that still have copyrights connected to the members of the IDSA on the internet. The company has especially focused on the removal of games that are copyrighted by their members from abandonware sites.

Back