Anything being made for X3: The Threat?

Warghost

Spaceman
Correction: I am referring to X3: Reunion. Not X2: The Threat - Sorry

Hey guys, just curious if anyone has any mods planned for X3...or if anyone knows of any mods being made for this game?

I think it's a shame that such a great looking game was released with so many bugs, such a harsh learning curve, and a complete lack of depth(imo). This game desperately needs the Wing Commander treatment!

Warghost said:
Correction: I am referring to X3: Reunion. Not X2: The Threat - Sorry

Hey guys, just curious if anyone has any mods planned for X3...or if anyone knows of any mods being made for this game?

I think it's a shame that such a great looking game was released with so many bugs, such a harsh learning curve, and a complete lack of depth(imo). This game desperately needs the Wing Commander treatment!
I think there was some germans working on a WC1 mod. But it's not very likely that you speak german.:)

I don't know about lack of depth... If you're talking about plot then sure it has a lack of depth... No one who knows much about the X series of games buys them for story. The X series has been more about doing what the hell ever you want. Want to have a trade empire that decides the economical status of the universe? Do it! Want to build up and armada and destroy all aliens in xenophobic rage? Got ya covered! Unfortunately, X3 has a lot of things going against it. New control scheme that lacks much of the coherence from X2's already complicated system, lack of cockpits, not to mention it is a very buggy game still... But if you've got the patience and imagination for it, it's a very rewarding waste of god knows how many hours of your life. Not sure how well it would work for modding, though...

meisdavidp said:
I don't know about lack of depth... If you're talking about plot then sure it has a lack of depth... No one who knows much about the X series of games buys them for story. The X series has been more about doing what the hell ever you want. Want to have a trade empire that decides the economical status of the universe? Do it! Want to build up and armada and destroy all aliens in xenophobic rage? Got ya covered! Unfortunately, X3 has a lot of things going against it. New control scheme that lacks much of the coherence from X2's already complicated system, lack of cockpits, not to mention it is a very buggy game still... But if you've got the patience and imagination for it, it's a very rewarding waste of god knows how many hours of your life. Not sure how well it would work for modding, though...
And it's that game where you set things on autopilot, activate time acceleration, and go eat a sandwich, after that you've gotten a couple 100,000 credits!:)

Or 1,000,000 in my case... at least in X2... X3 is sitting on my desk waiting for a no-starforce patch and fixes for some of the bugs...

X2 and X3 could both have been great great games, but the developers forgot to include fun in them. Combat is so unexciting and the interface is so awkward that it's probably a good thing nobody's making a WC mod for the series... it'd probably end up not feeling like WC at all.

Just about the only "fun" thing to do in X is try to make money by trading for a few hours... until you can afford the tools to automate the whole process and/or realize there's nothing really worth buying with the money you make.

X is more like Keyboard-Controlled-3D-Spreadsheets-In-Space than a series of games.

Eder said:
X2 and X3 could both have been great great games, but the developers forgot to include fun in them. Combat is so unexciting and the interface is so awkward that it's probably a good thing nobody's making a WC mod for the series... it'd probably end up not feeling like WC at all.

Just about the only "fun" thing to do in X is try to make money by trading for a few hours... until you can afford the tools to automate the whole process and/or realize there's nothing really worth buying with the money you make.

X is more like Keyboard-Controlled-3D-Spreadsheets-In-Space than a series of games.
That sums up why I stopped playing it.

Eder said:

With lasers! but very weak and not-fun lasers. Meh.
And X2 looks like ass. ugly ass.

Once you buy better lasers... well then you can automate the whole process... Not actually sure what I love about the games, but love them... Weird...

I did like flying a big capital ship in X2 with the max shields I got(shields, weapons etc) everything totally maxed then just go ruin entire solar systems by running my ship into everything..~~~. Im only going to get X3 to ccomplete the set..

And my graphics wer awsome,a WC mod for it may be cool,the only thing that sucked was the character animation,whoever did those need a lesson in doing it properly..

BES said:
I did like flying a big capital ship in X2 with the max shields I got(shields, weapons etc) everything totally maxed then just go ruin entire solar systems by running my ship into everything..~~~. Im only going to get X3 to ccomplete the set..

And my graphics wer awsome,a WC mod for it may be cool,the only thing that sucked was the character animation,whoever did those need a lesson in doing it properly..
1. Flying a Cap-Ship and commanding a fleet is one of the better parts of the game. The reason I liked X3 was because you could build up quite alot and be rewarded for it.
2. What do you expect from a foreign company? :p

The only issue is the animation,the characters themselves wer not done well...I dont know if X3 has the same problem but if it does they should have invested in a better person for that job.

The ships and overall graphics were awsome,if you had a card that could handle it with all settings on max..It may have been a buget issue or a deadline issue or both aswell..

Ive already played the 900meg X3 demo and it looked Awsome!,if someone were to make a Wing Commander mod with it I would be drooling:D .

Back