Anyone have a Saitek X45 profile?

dracflamloc

Spaceman
This game would rock with my X45 but the builtin joystick options arent able to take full advantage, has anyone used the profiling software to make the X45 fully funtional within PrivRem?

I don't have an X45 profile for you, but I have one for a Cougar HOTAS. They are similar enough in funtion that if I post my layout you should be able to code yourself a functional profile if you are comfortable with the Saitek software.

Want to see?

HOTAS.jpg

Did you have any trouble getting your HOTAS to work with Privateer? It doesn't seem to be recognizing mine.

I had no problems getting my X45 to work, I have a fairly standard profile that I use and just swap key bindings in the games to match up with it. Its somewhere on my hard drive.. i usually just configure it with directx and use in game button remapping if i dont need to uteilize the profile.

I also made a profile for the X45, just used the manual and mapped the keys myself. Sure, I made several changes with the time to improve the profil, and I think I´m not done yet.
You can print your profile so that you can check while playing where you placed which function.
If you want mine, I send it to you...

Saitek X45 Problems

Hi folks,

Anyone out there have any suggestions for trouble shooting the X45 on WC games, I am having several problems and I am stumped. In WCIV my X45 is just plain flakey, button presses work when they feel like it (which is not often) and the POV2 & POV3 hats will randomly crash the game. I have tried profiling with the Mfg software and it will not help at all. I have no problems what so ever with my old MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, and the Saitek works fine in other games. It seems it is the engine in WCIV that is the problem for me. I have been careful to make sure the Sidewinder is not connected and I remove the device from the control panel before using the X45. I am using XP Pro SP2 and all the recommended patches form this site (WC4W etc). I am not have problems with normal control functions, the stick & throttle work fine it is just all the extra buttons I want to program.

I have even considered reinstalling WC4 in a seperate folder using DOSBOX and see if I can get anywhere with that? I am just getting around to setting up all my old WC games that way so I might try it anyway, but I would love to figure this out, I still have a few problems with Unknown Enemy, Stand Off, & Special Ops which are slightly different but all seem to be related to the X45. I really like the Stick/Throttle, and would just love to make it work, BTW when I switch back to the Sidewinder I have none of the problems with any of the games, I would be satsified with that if I could figure out how to map the extra buttons on the sidewinder, the Controller software for it does not like XP at all and I can't find a new version anywhere.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Mike "Ears Hopin" P

firehorse said:
I have even considered reinstalling WC4 in a seperate folder using DOSBOX and see if I can get anywhere with that? I am just getting around to setting up all my old WC games that way so I might try it anyway, but I would love to figure this out, I still have a few problems with Unknown Enemy, Stand Off, & Special Ops which are slightly different but all seem to be related to the X45. I really like the Stick/Throttle, and would just love to make it work, BTW when I switch back to the Sidewinder I have none of the problems with any of the games, I would be satsified with that if I could figure out how to map the extra buttons on the sidewinder, the Controller software for it does not like XP at all and I can't find a new version anywhere.

If you don't find any other solution, setting up WC4 in DOSBox 0.65 sounds like it should work for basic functions, but I'm not sure how much you'll be able to do in the way of assigning buttons with separate software. It could work fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if DOSBox disrupted that in the process of reemulating your joystick for compatibility.

firehorse said:
when I switch back to the Sidewinder I have none of the problems with any of the games, I would be satsified with that if I could figure out how to map the extra buttons on the sidewinder, the Controller software for it does not like XP at all and I can't find a new version anywhere.

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Mike "Ears Hopin" P

Is it possible that you have both joysticks plugged in at the same time? Several people have reported problems like this even in brand new games because it seems there is a windows bug that confuses the game controler settings. So try making sure any other game controlers (including gamepads and analog joysticks) other than the one you plan to use are unplugged before playing.

X45 Problems

Thanks Chris & AD,

I forgot about DOSBox not allowing me to program the additional buttons (Brain Fart - I am getting old) and I guess it would solve the crash problem completely if they did not work to begin with.

I have been careful that there is only one Game Controller attached and installed at any given time, in fact I use the same USB connection for both sticks so I am removing the Sidwinder before attempting to use the X45. I have even gone as far as deleting the Sidewinder profile from the control panel before I attempt to load the game if I want to try the X45 again. This is one of those PITA problems that will bug me until I figure out a fix, I have the gut feeling it is driver or DLL I have running, so I will start disabling those next, the funny thing is I have none of the problems with Prophecy, I even tried in and out of Dubug mode just to see if that was related.

Oh well lots of things to try, thanks for the suggestions.

firehorse said:
Thanks Chris & AD,

I forgot about DOSBox not allowing me to program the additional buttons (Brain Fart - I am getting old) and I guess it would solve the crash problem completely if they did not work to begin with.

I have been careful that there is only one Game Controller attached and installed at any given time, in fact I use the same USB connection for both sticks so I am removing the Sidwinder before attempting to use the X45. I have even gone as far as deleting the Sidewinder profile from the control panel before I attempt to load the game if I want to try the X45 again. This is one of those PITA problems that will bug me until I figure out a fix, I have the gut feeling it is driver or DLL I have running, so I will start disabling those next, the funny thing is I have none of the problems with Prophecy, I even tried in and out of Dubug mode just to see if that was related.

Oh well lots of things to try, thanks for the suggestions.

Never having used a sidewinder myself, is it possible that there is some proprietary software that you istalled as well just for the controler? As well, seing how you are being thorough, I assume you recalibrate in windows everytime you change sticks? Were you running wc4 in windows with the windows patch to start with? If you are running the windows version, the stick should work just fine as long as windows isnt having a problem with it.

Also just as a long shot, I'll put out as a suggestion to set the compatability mode of your controllers button mapping software (which you said doesnt like XP) to win95 or 98.

Back