Anyone got Klingon Academy?

MadDog243

Rear Admiral
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has KA, I have been having in game graphic problems with it. THe Ships, planets, objects, etc are all notnearly as well textured as they should be. My Starfleet command game running on my old computer has better graphics. I am running a Dell Dimension 4100 1 ghz Pentium III, I am operating with Windows 2000 and have an Nvidia tnt2 video card. Anyone got an idea?

I got KA, never had any probs with it tho, but Im also running a different vid card than you got. Might check your card drivers if you havent already. The machine I have that installed on is a P2 300 running a Monster Fusion 16mb voodoo 1 chipset. Works fine! Hope you find a solution, its a fun game. Ka'pla! (success)

RFBurns

This really belongs in the tech support forum, bu toh well.

I have KA and am running it on the same system as you, only difference is that I only have a PIII 550. Mine works great. Make sure your video settings in the game are set correctly. And Running KA on Win 2000 probably is whats causing it. Hope this helps.

While were talking about KA, Is anybody going to do a WC mod for KA? Just think, Piloting a vruiser into combat.....:)

I think there is a mod for KA. But of course I forgot both name and creator, if there has been one. Oh my memory...

Wasnt there a mod made for ST Academy? Shouldnt be that difficult for KA I think? But Im no coder so I have no idea! Be nice if there was!!

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns
Wasnt there a mod made for ST Academy? Shouldnt be that difficult for KA I think? But Im no coder so I have no idea! Be nice if there was!!

RFBurns

Yea, Pull the trigger on the Behemoth yourself!!!! :):)

And you guys that said it works fine, can you see the registration numbers on the fed ships? Cause I cant.

In the splash screen that pops up, there is an options or setup button. It's in there. And yes, I can read the registration numbers.

you can see the registries on all the ships? And I looked in the setup screen, nothing useful there. What is a dual system install?

Sure there is. You can select your video card and resolution. A dual os setup is when you have two or more os's on one system. Win 2000 is the only windows that nativly supports this. So, you could have 2000 and 98 on the same machine. The instructions for doing this should be in your manuals or in the online helpfile that came with windows. If you do that, and run KA from 98, I think that that should solve your problem. Win 2000 was not designed for games. It was strictly for business.

Ill try and find that but there wasnt anything helpful in setup, wouldnt let me select my graphics card, all it says is Primary Display driver.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Win 2000 was not designed for games. It was strictly for business.

Good ol Mickysoft and willy billy gates doing it again! How many got suckered into the Win2000 bit? How many service packs have been released to date? How much more hardware did you have to buy? (LOL) :D

RFBurns

I work at compusa, and the common misconception with win 2k was that it was the newest, so everybody had to have it. nobody listened when we told them it wasn't for home use. Thats what Win Me was for. Neither one has had any service packs. They never will. And the next windows will not be called windows, it'll be called something else. Only problem is, is that it's supposed to be unix based.

Unix? Oh boy!! What will be next? Then everybody will scream bloody murder cause their games wont run on that!
Here we go again!!

RFBurns

Oh yeah, Ive got all my Win95 CD's plus Win98 CD's and even 4 versions of the good ol DOS, which I have a machine running each of those os's, all connected on my LAN with a DSL router!! If that new OS gives me heck, guess which machines will get more use!! :D

RFBurns

Back