Anyone got conquest:frontier wars? I see a lot of wingcommander in it READ

beta_aqualae

Spaceman
I just got This game, some of the reason being Chris Robert's company. Or what was his company (grrr) The story, the ships, the jump points, there seems to be a lot of wingcommander influence in this game and while the game itself is nothing speciai (thats not saying its a bad game) the fact that it has those influences makes me want to play it even more. It is a game that if it was the only one in the genre would be a great game, but among the others there is nothing that brings it out from the rest. Basically if you like RTS games and you like wingcommander you should get this game because at least for me it brings back a lot of memories of the good ol' days of wingcommander

Pardon my ignorance, but is Conquest the game where you control fleets from 3rd person, and humans have missles as capship weapons?

Um, yeah. Though it's not really 3rd person...<G>

How good is it? I keep wanting to buy it, but, you know, I onl;y have so much money...like five thousand dollars or something, I'm noyt sure...which isn't the problem, the problem is that I only have so much money...

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Um, yeah. Though it's not really 3rd person...<G>

Well, it isn't first person, I guess that makes it 3rd person... although describing it as having an "overhead" or "isometric" view would be much more appropriate.

--Eder

Back