Anyone else got the flu?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by AdamPH, Feb 19, 2017.

1. AdamPH

AdamPH Petty Officer

Me and my girl plus my friends got it hard here in NY. Anyone else? This sucks.

2. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

We were passing a flu around the office for a few weeks, but fingers crossed I think everyone is finally healthy again. (Just in time to pick up something else at GDC!)

3. AdamPH

AdamPH Petty Officer

I'm terrified I'm going to cough up something I'm going to need to try to place back inside my body. I'm gonna turn my plunger inside out just in case I need the reverse "polarity" to reinsert something. If that's possible. Hell anything's better than urgent care.

4. Whistler

Whistler Commodore

Had it about 2 weeks ago.

Still have some annoying lung butter that won't leave yet. OK, enough gross out of me. I live in a medical family... nothing makes us queazy.

5. Worf

Worf Vice Admiral

No flu here, thankfully. Just a cold.

But damn the coughing fits.

6. capi3101

capi3101 Rear Admiral

Wife came down with the trots and a chill last night, and then the baby horked up his rice all over her. I'm sorry to report that his barf has the same "dissolve t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶f̶ a tank at a hundred paces" stench as his eldest brother.

So yeah, I might be in contention for a bout of influenza. And considering I've got a heavy-lifting move coming up this week, I'd say it's a near certainty...

7. wcnut

wcnut Rear Admiral

I'm sorry to say my 3 year old ended up with a fever last night, and had a lot of trouble sleeping. Thankfully he seems to be doing better now though, and it's gone down.

8. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

Whistler likes this.
  9. Worf

Worf Vice Admiral

As long as it's regular soap, none of the anti-bacterial crap that creates more problems than it solves. And it doesn't get your hands any cleaner.

Lilja likes this.
  10. ChrisReid

ChrisReid Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

A decade ago I used to work with a guy that constantly complained anti-bacterial soaps were creating germ resistant super bugs - or maybe killing too many bugs that people's immune systems weren't getting enough of a workout? Then the FDA banned triclosan or whatever last year because it didn't actually do anything. So is it too effective? Or not effective enough? Soap is soap, and you can see very readily whether it's helping remove dirt from your hands or not. Not sure how it being anti bacterial or not became such a cause celebre.

LeHah likes this.
  11. Mindcrime

Mindcrime Captain

I hope u all feel better soon. So far I have been lucky this year and have avoided the flu. Fingers crossed!