Any good sources for taunt WAVs?

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
In the last big update for Worms: Reloaded they released an in game soundbank creator for the worms' voices.
Initially I was going to do a custom bank with sound files from the live action The Tick but most of the sound files I've got are too long and I don't have anything to cut them down with, about all I can really do is convert them through Winamp. So I figured pilot taunts from the WC series would be perfect in terms of length. No editing necessary.
So now I need to find some, any sources?

Thanks I'll check that.
There looks to be about fifteen or twenty sounds to each soundbank going through defeat and victory situations as well as simple pain sounds and sounds for calling in air strikes and tossing grenades. If I can find enough WC sounds to cover them all I was thinking about doing separate Human and Kilrathi banks.
So aside from the basic 'taunts' I'm hoping to get the death comm screams and calls for help.

Did anyone ever figure out how to extract the sound from Privateer 2? There seems to be a gigantic black hole there and the only thing that came out of it are the MIDI files HCl extracted which... don't really sound a lot like the actual music, unfortunately. The archive pack doesn't include any voices whatsoever, either.

"I hope you're not eyeballers."

I looked through the PSX a little bit and there will be enough there for Terran soundbank, but a Kilrathi one isn't looking quite so possible.
I just wrote down a list of the different sounds needed for a full sound bank and there's 52. I haven't gone through all of the characters' comms and stuff but I've already got some great candidates.
I'm going to tackle the project this weekend.

Speaking of Privateer 2, it's full steam ahead for Privateer 2 on the wingkipedia! Everybody go help. Woo, shameless plug.

Did anyone ever figure out how to extract the sound from Privateer 2? There seems to be a gigantic black hole there and the only thing that came out of it are the MIDI files HCl extracted which... don't really sound a lot like the actual music, unfortunately. The archive pack doesn't include any voices whatsoever, either.

"I hope you're not eyeballers."

This has bothered me really long time as I am not a native speaker and lot of the taunts are spoken among explosions. I managed to rip them and recode as a wav file with correct frequency but with a huge bias still which makes the samples very hard to figure out. The samples need some bit moving operations and I am not exactly an audio guru. At least I understood one : "you want a piece of me you got it !" If anyone would give me a help on the audio algorithms stuff I'd be happy.

"I hope you're not eyeballing me, son" is the true version.

The day has come ! I programmed a conversion utility (a mere .exe for now) to convert the exported Privateer 2 FAT files which conatin the taunts. It has some bugs still but I'll be working on it to make it available if anyone will be interested. ( Of course a Dialogic ADPCM format...what else could I expect). Like "eat it it's good for you!", "out of the pocket he throws....touchdown!"....

The Armada taunts aren't too bad either - probably not enough, but both Terran & Kilrathi are there. It's also interesting to hear the Kilrathi voice work between WC2/Privateer era & WC3/4, kind of a mid point between the screechy wc2 kilrathi & the throaty wc3 ones. Still think prophecy kilrathi voice is best. Off topic alert!

Back