Another wallpaper (110K image)

Starman©

Spaceman
Hey,

since it is christmas, and some people, also in other places asked for a few more wallpapers, this finally gave me yesterday an idea of a good scene :)

Again, I'm not sure about, if it inflicts with some of the story, and I'm also not 100% sure, if the grammar is correct and gives the impression into what I tried to
say in my own language.

This one is again only done by a single screenshot-capture in the Freespace-engine using our mod-stuff. I only created the mission where I placed the ships and backgrounds for this shot. Also I did this one in 1280x1024x32, with 2xAA. Theoretically the game is playable in this, but it is currently unsupported, becauce the HUD-Stuff is misplaced in that resolution.

Here it is, I hope you like it :

dawned future.jpg

1280x1024x32, with 2xAA --> If you are a hardcoreplayer or just a good pilot you can play with that settings...who needs a HUD.

Well my only problem with that is that the targetpointer isn't at the right place and you have to aim like in WC1..but that makes it more challenging ^_^

That's a great scene, but the 113 k is super tiny for a 1280x wallpaper image. The compression artifacting and such is somewhat noticeable. I'd be better if you retook it in 1024x and just let Windows scale it up without the artifacts or retook the 1280x image and recompressed it to 200-400 k.

Kris reminded me that the low file size is due partly to the substantial use of black space.. but I still see the artifacting, especially in the lettering. Bumping it to massively uncompressed could fix that.. or scaling back the type of jpeg compression or making it a png. Otherwise it's a lovely scene.

I will try playing around a bit with it. However, I can't see too many artifacts, but this maybe because my eyes aren't the best at all. Not only I'm a little colourblind, I should have get myself glasses at least 12 months ago :)

Actually this is a simple screenshot pasted into a new photoshop-file. When doing this, photoshop always says, this is only 28,x dpi, maybe that's the problem. I will try a higher resolution.

Back