another Starlancer easter egg? *possible spoiler*

No Regret

Spaceman
Has anyone got any confiramation on this: in mission 23 where you have to destroy the CS Pukov near the end of the mission both the Yamato and the Pukov are exchanging torpedo salvos. I was shooting down the Pukov's torpedoes and in the mids of the explosions captain Mukay's (from the Yamato) face comes on the comm saying "Give them a broadside mr. Gerald"

I'm 100% sure about the "give them a broadside"-thing, but not about him saying mr. Gerald.
Anyone know?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

i haven't played SL yet, (still can't find it anywhere) but it's very well possible, i've !read! <-- that hurts! that there are lots of WCM easter-egs in there...

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

If it had been just one brief scene, it would have been an easter egg. But it's like half the CGI
smile.gif
They just ran out of time or money I think.

Last edited:
I think that is kind of stupid that in SL you can´t have text with the speech. Sometimes when you are under fire and they are talking to you... you just can´t understand a word of what they are saying. Is kind of the same problem that WCP, but on the Prophecy you did have the text for cutscene and FMV.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

yeah, that's true. But IMHO the biggest problem is that bloody radar!

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I find what you say interesting Astrix. I myself still don't have SL (GODDAM store said it had it, but then again they also said they have Bualder's Gate 2, which, as far as I know, not out yet!
mad.gif
), but not having text sounds to me more reallistic. Think about it, in the heat of battle, getting critical orders isn't that easy (just watch Aliens
biggrin.gif
), so I consider it as another factor of difficult (YEAH, I know, it's only a game
smile.gif
).

Yep, I think I said my share of BS about this topic... j/k
wink.gif

------------------
Evilution!

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited May 20, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but they could still put the option. Use it if you whant it!! More reallistic or understand at least something of what they are saying
smile.gif

------------------
-El Che

alright..now i have a question..
in the mission number (dunno-what) where u have to destroy the coalition command base or something like that(the one with the second ion cannon)...after the ripper place the fuel cell what do u have to do with it? they say ignite it with your lasers..does that means i blow it up? i tried blasting it and got a mission failed thing...

now what?

You are talking about mission 24, as I understand is the last of the game. I´m in the same problem that you. I don´t manage to save enough rippers! By saving a lot of them you may just produce a GOOD explosion that will blow up the station.

------------------
-El Che

Hehe, I had to do that one 13 times before I figuered it out: Save at least 4 rippers, then they try to remotely detonate it but it fails. Look at the station. The big center column has a hole in it. Fly towards it and shoot in it until you see an explosion. Byebye ioncannon.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

So is impossible to destroy the station with the rippers bombs?

------------------
-El Che

Nop, you have to detonate the ripper bombs by shooting them.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I just play the mission a couple of minutes ago (it last 23 minutes!). I manage to save just 4 rippers then I detonate the bombs but like the last 15 times "we don´t have enough bombs". I receive the order to return home and after a while the stupid of my co-pilot "force" me to jump.

So what you are saying is that I have to be quickly and go to the center of the station. Then blow something in a hole?

------------------
-El Che

Hmmm, my starlancer strategy guide (thanks Lancernews!
smile.gif
) says you have to save at least 4 rippers. Maybe you should try to save at least 5?

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

There is any way to protect the Rippers? They are kill so easy and sometimes is impossible to save them with that freaking Ion Cannon shooting! And tell me something else, what ship you use for the mission?

------------------
-El Che

Use the Shroud.....

It's actually quite simple to save the Rippers. Just kill the enemy fighters as fast as you can, but don't get to far from the Rippers, you'll need to save at least 6 of them.

You save 6 or I have to save 6? No Regret write me before that I need to save 4 but I don't think it work.

------------------
-El Che

Aaterix, my bad, I meant to say 5.
smile.gif
That's how many I saved on my first try and I got through the missioin.

Must be a misprinting in the strategy guide then. It says 4, but you have to save five (I replayed the mission)

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back