Another fine WC game idea

the__phoenix

Spaceman
There is an other idea which hunts me in my dreams :) A RTS where you are in command of a battlegroup with a Carrier and some Cruiser and Corvettes. Fighters and Bombers should be organized in squads. These squads should be up to 4 fighters/bombers, able to start and land on the carrier (for tactical reasons) and if you click on any fighter of the squad, the whole squad is selected (So you don't have to be bothered about any single fighter).
In most RTS', where you are fighting space battles (like Armada, Conquest, etc.) , the fighters have minor role in winning these battles. I have an idea, where the fighters/bombers gain more importantance. If just a few Torpedos are capable to destroy any Capital Ship, if the range of Torps is greater then the range of laser turrets and if bombers carry 2 Torpedos, you will need some squads of fighters to engage this threat in order to be victorious. On the other hand you'll need fighters to defend your bomber squads, when they are making their run.

Hope you can follow may thoughts, though my mother tongue is german. And maybe one of the great modding guys out there do like the idea as well and is thinking about how to realize this idea.

Greetings from Austria! :)

Back