Announcing: Wing Commander: Fleet Command

Would you be willing to Beta Test Fleet Command?

• Sure! Sounds like fun.

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Meh. Maybe.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No, this is a terrible idea.

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Fatcat

Swabbie
Banned
I have been working on this for a few months, and the project is about halfway finished. I've been working on a Wing Commander Board Game, similar in design to Battletech. It is hex-based, and everything needed for the game (Including a board) will be included in the final .pdf file. Right now, I only have Wc1 ships finished, but if the design proves successful, I will move on to different eras. The game is fully customizable, you can play any type of mission with any ships you want. All the stats are based on the original Wing Commander, and all the pictures used are from Claw Marks. I've also taken the liberty to add two lost ships, the Alpha Prototype Bloodfang and the unnamed Assault Dropship from Sm2, which I have named the Bashtar. Attatched is the Bashtar's Datasheet.

At this point, all fighters and capships are finished, the rules are drafted, and I am beginning on the first draft rules. I would appreciate some testing, as the rules are sure to need improvement. Enjoy, WcNews!

Attachments

• Bashtar Datasheet.doc
    64 KB · Views: 154
I will definately playtest these rules for you, once you get the first draft finished. As it stands now, this sounds like it will be very entertaining, and I'm very excited for the customizable factor.

How long have you been working on that? Because I have been makeing a gamebook with the same name. It is posted on my website.

There have been numerous fan projects with the name Fleet Command(er)

I didn't know, and i'm not impartial to changing the name if anyone has some kind of objection. Fleet Command seemed fitting.

Ya the name seemed fitting to my gamebook. Maybe you can have it called Wing Commander Armada: The Board Game. Some thing like that.

Are you planning on posting the rules here? I'd be interested in looking through them. I've never played Battletech, but I have played Warhammer 40k and battlefleet gothic and I'm interested to see how hit would compare to Bfg.

I would suggest that you both change the name, because it is kinda generic anyway. I'm sure that the two creative gentlemen will find no difficulty in imagining a more colorful alternative :)

I still prefer Fleet Command. Anyway, here is another sample. These are the pieces that come with the game. I suggest printing them on cardstock, then glued onto cardboard. These are the tokens for Confed Fighters.

Attachments

• ship token sample confed.jpg
    ship token sample confed.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 127
I will post the game on the forums, so anyone is free to play it. Another note, I have added everyone's not favorite ship: the Spikeri!

"Da uber-badaz commander of doom" and "Da evan more uber-badaz commander of doom"

I was gonna use that for my game! darn, now I will have to scrap everything and give up!

RogueBanshee said:
It sounds a lot closer to Starfleet Battles then Battletech though.

There was a space element to Battletech. I've never researched into it, but it exists.

It's a large portion of BT. They just never made a Mechwarrior game in which you fly fighters.

Back